Version 8 and Lot Numbers

That was our problem the auto recieve button was checked.

Thanks for helping me find this issue.

Now at least we can go through and edit all jobs to not auto recieve
and stop bleeding inventory.

Our production managers are not going to like going back to it being
a 2 step process IE: Labor Entry then Job Reciept to Inventory but
oh well thats life till Epicor fixes this.

Thanks,
Mark Jervis




--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
<prince_ashe_mark@...> wrote:
>
> Ok I got ahead of myself.
>
> We have checked auto add to inventory whereas you probably do the
2
> step process.
>
> We are going to test the 2 step process today.
>
> Mark
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> >
> > I'm lost when you say you perform a job reciept to get the
> > assembly's to Inventory ... Ours are automatic but thats where
the
> > problem starts.
> >
> > Can you explain what steps you take to perform your job
reciepts ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark Jervis
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ah -- sorry I can't duplicate, we backflush material, but
> perform
> > a
> > > job receipt to get the assembly to inventory.
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Yes when we do the labor entry a job reciept to stock for
the
> > job
> > > is
> > > > automatic.
> > > >
> > > > I see the lot number when I go to quantity adjustment to
> adjust
> > > the
> > > > part number so we can ship the product.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Mark Jervis
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@>
wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > So I can simulate here, where do you see the Lot number?
For
> > > > > example, in the Part Tracker - Lots tab?
> > > > > Do you perform a job receipt to put the finished product
in
> > > > > inventory?
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Yes we are using backflushing to issue the materials.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The lot number gets attached to any product made by
using
> > > labor
> > > > > > entry.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > IE: Say we were building tables and we needed to create
a
> > > Small
> > > > > > Parts Bag or Accessory Pack to go with that Part. When
we
> > > enter
> > > > > the
> > > > > > labor entry for making the bag kit those bag kits get
> > assigned
> > > a
> > > > > lot
> > > > > > number which is the same as the job number. Then when we
> > enter
> > > > the
> > > > > > labor entry for the final product that uses that bag kit
> we
> > > run
> > > > > > negative on the bag kits because we cannot use the bag
> kits
> > > that
> > > > > > have the lot number attached to them and we also run
> > negative
> > > > > final
> > > > > > product because we cannot ship the product that has been
> > > > assigned
> > > > > a
> > > > > > lot number.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Therefore our inventory numbers keep growing not only
with
> > > final
> > > > > > products but also any assembled products that go into
the
> > > final
> > > > > > products.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > As you can well assume it is creating a huge Inventory
and
> > > > > > Accounting nightmare.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I am able to identify all the parts in inventory with a
> lot
> > > > number
> > > > > > attached by building a BAQ looking for lot numbers.
> However
> > > the
> > > > > > extra labor everyday for this is getting out of hand.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@>
> > wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Are you using backflushing to issue material? I am
> > > confused,
> > > > > does
> > > > > > > the lot code get attached to the finished assembly
part
> > > > number,
> > > > > or
> > > > > > > the components withing the BOM?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > > > > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > We are a manufacturing firm. We set vantage up so
that
> > all
> > > > our
> > > > > > > > finished products are reported and inventory is
> tracked
> > > > > through
> > > > > > > > BOM's (bill of materials)
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Say for example we are building a table.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > In our BOM we put:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 1 table top
> > > > > > > > 4 legs
> > > > > > > > 6 screws
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > At the end of the day when the supervisor for that
> > > assembly
> > > > > area
> > > > > > > > enters what his employees did for the day (IE: 6
> tables)
> > > it
> > > > > > > removes
> > > > > > > > all the small parts from our inventory as expected.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > However it grabs the job number for the part built
and
> > > > assigns
> > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > job number as a lot number on the part.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > We do not use lot numbers and therefore that part
gets
> > > stuck
> > > > > in
> > > > > > > our
> > > > > > > > inventory because with lot numbers turned off
company
> > wide
> > > > we
> > > > > > are
> > > > > > > > not allowed to ship against that lot number or
adjust
> > > > > inventory
> > > > > > > > against that lot number.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > I know everyones normal answer would be turn on lot
> > > numbers
> > > > > > > company
> > > > > > > > wide but thats not possible due to the fact we are
one
> > > plant
> > > > > out
> > > > > > > of
> > > > > > > > a multiple plant operation.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Therefore in order to ship 6 tables we have to
adjust
> > the
> > > > > > > inventory
> > > > > > > > by 6 tables without a lot number and the lot
numbered
> > > table
> > > > > > stays
> > > > > > > in
> > > > > > > > our inventory.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Accounting is seeing our inventory numbers grow
beyond
> > > > > control.
> > > > > > So
> > > > > > > a
> > > > > > > > work around for this is needed by the end of the
month.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > > > > > Inventory Control
> > > > > > > > Prince Manufacturing (Asheville)
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161"
> <gcreighton@>
> > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > We are in pilot mode, and have not noticed this
> issue -
> > -
> > > > can
> > > > > > you
> > > > > > > > be
> > > > > > > > > more specific? What can I look for? Is the job
> > number
> > > > > being
> > > > > > > > > attached to material structured to the job as a
lot
> > > > number?
> > > > > > How
> > > > > > > > can
> > > > > > > > > I test this?
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > > > > > > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Hello,
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > I am having a problem with vantage and was
> wondering
> > > if
> > > > > > > anybody
> > > > > > > > > else
> > > > > > > > > > has run across this and found a work around.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when
> we
> > do
> > > > > labor
> > > > > > > > entry
> > > > > > > > > > vantage is taking the job numbers and putting
them
> > as
> > > > lot
> > > > > > > > numbers.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a
full
> > > > > physical
> > > > > > > > > > Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items
> amount
> > > if
> > > > it
> > > > > > has
> > > > > > > > > been
> > > > > > > > > > assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup
for
> > lot
> > > > > > numbers.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in
> > > October.
> > > > > > > However
> > > > > > > > > > this glich is putting our inventory numbers out
of
> > > > > control.
> > > > > > > > Which
> > > > > > > > > in
> > > > > > > > > > turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact
> we
> > > are
> > > > > > > showing
> > > > > > > > a
> > > > > > > > > > large number of items in stock that we
physically
> > > don't
> > > > > have.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > If anybody has found a way to adjust these
numbers
> > > > > > > automatically
> > > > > > > > > or
> > > > > > > > > > manually please respond.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > > > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > > > > > > > Inventory Control
> > > > > > > > > > Prince Manufacturing
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
Hello,

I am having a problem with vantage and was wondering if anybody else
has run across this and found a work around.

Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when we do labor entry
vantage is taking the job numbers and putting them as lot numbers.

Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a full physical
Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items amount if it has been
assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup for lot numbers.

Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in October. However
this glich is putting our inventory numbers out of control. Which in
turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact we are showing a
large number of items in stock that we physically don't have.

If anybody has found a way to adjust these numbers automatically or
manually please respond.

Thanks,
Mark Jervis
Inventory Control
Prince Manufacturing
We are in pilot mode, and have not noticed this issue -- can you be
more specific? What can I look for? Is the job number being
attached to material structured to the job as a lot number? How can
I test this?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
<prince_ashe_mark@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am having a problem with vantage and was wondering if anybody
else
> has run across this and found a work around.
>
> Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when we do labor entry
> vantage is taking the job numbers and putting them as lot numbers.
>
> Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a full physical
> Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items amount if it has
been
> assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup for lot numbers.
>
> Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in October. However
> this glich is putting our inventory numbers out of control. Which
in
> turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact we are showing a
> large number of items in stock that we physically don't have.
>
> If anybody has found a way to adjust these numbers automatically
or
> manually please respond.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Jervis
> Inventory Control
> Prince Manufacturing
>
We are a manufacturing firm. We set vantage up so that all our
finished products are reported and inventory is tracked through
BOM's (bill of materials)

Say for example we are building a table.

In our BOM we put:

1 table top
4 legs
6 screws

At the end of the day when the supervisor for that assembly area
enters what his employees did for the day (IE: 6 tables) it removes
all the small parts from our inventory as expected.

However it grabs the job number for the part built and assigns the
job number as a lot number on the part.

We do not use lot numbers and therefore that part gets stuck in our
inventory because with lot numbers turned off company wide we are
not allowed to ship against that lot number or adjust inventory
against that lot number.

I know everyones normal answer would be turn on lot numbers company
wide but thats not possible due to the fact we are one plant out of
a multiple plant operation.

Therefore in order to ship 6 tables we have to adjust the inventory
by 6 tables without a lot number and the lot numbered table stays in
our inventory.

Accounting is seeing our inventory numbers grow beyond control. So a
work around for this is needed by the end of the month.

Mark Jervis
Inventory Control
Prince Manufacturing (Asheville)





--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@...> wrote:
>
> We are in pilot mode, and have not noticed this issue -- can you
be
> more specific? What can I look for? Is the job number being
> attached to material structured to the job as a lot number? How
can
> I test this?
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am having a problem with vantage and was wondering if anybody
> else
> > has run across this and found a work around.
> >
> > Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when we do labor
entry
> > vantage is taking the job numbers and putting them as lot
numbers.
> >
> > Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a full physical
> > Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items amount if it has
> been
> > assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup for lot numbers.
> >
> > Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in October. However
> > this glich is putting our inventory numbers out of control.
Which
> in
> > turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact we are showing
a
> > large number of items in stock that we physically don't have.
> >
> > If anybody has found a way to adjust these numbers automatically
> or
> > manually please respond.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark Jervis
> > Inventory Control
> > Prince Manufacturing
> >
>
Are you using backflushing to issue material? I am confused, does
the lot code get attached to the finished assembly part number, or
the components withing the BOM?


--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
<prince_ashe_mark@...> wrote:
>
> We are a manufacturing firm. We set vantage up so that all our
> finished products are reported and inventory is tracked through
> BOM's (bill of materials)
>
> Say for example we are building a table.
>
> In our BOM we put:
>
> 1 table top
> 4 legs
> 6 screws
>
> At the end of the day when the supervisor for that assembly area
> enters what his employees did for the day (IE: 6 tables) it
removes
> all the small parts from our inventory as expected.
>
> However it grabs the job number for the part built and assigns the
> job number as a lot number on the part.
>
> We do not use lot numbers and therefore that part gets stuck in
our
> inventory because with lot numbers turned off company wide we are
> not allowed to ship against that lot number or adjust inventory
> against that lot number.
>
> I know everyones normal answer would be turn on lot numbers
company
> wide but thats not possible due to the fact we are one plant out
of
> a multiple plant operation.
>
> Therefore in order to ship 6 tables we have to adjust the
inventory
> by 6 tables without a lot number and the lot numbered table stays
in
> our inventory.
>
> Accounting is seeing our inventory numbers grow beyond control. So
a
> work around for this is needed by the end of the month.
>
> Mark Jervis
> Inventory Control
> Prince Manufacturing (Asheville)
>
>
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@> wrote:
> >
> > We are in pilot mode, and have not noticed this issue -- can you
> be
> > more specific? What can I look for? Is the job number being
> > attached to material structured to the job as a lot number? How
> can
> > I test this?
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am having a problem with vantage and was wondering if
anybody
> > else
> > > has run across this and found a work around.
> > >
> > > Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when we do labor
> entry
> > > vantage is taking the job numbers and putting them as lot
> numbers.
> > >
> > > Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a full physical
> > > Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items amount if it has
> > been
> > > assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup for lot numbers.
> > >
> > > Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in October.
However
> > > this glich is putting our inventory numbers out of control.
> Which
> > in
> > > turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact we are
showing
> a
> > > large number of items in stock that we physically don't have.
> > >
> > > If anybody has found a way to adjust these numbers
automatically
> > or
> > > manually please respond.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark Jervis
> > > Inventory Control
> > > Prince Manufacturing
> > >
> >
>
Yes we are using backflushing to issue the materials.

The lot number gets attached to any product made by using labor
entry.

IE: Say we were building tables and we needed to create a Small
Parts Bag or Accessory Pack to go with that Part. When we enter the
labor entry for making the bag kit those bag kits get assigned a lot
number which is the same as the job number. Then when we enter the
labor entry for the final product that uses that bag kit we run
negative on the bag kits because we cannot use the bag kits that
have the lot number attached to them and we also run negative final
product because we cannot ship the product that has been assigned a
lot number.

Therefore our inventory numbers keep growing not only with final
products but also any assembled products that go into the final
products.


As you can well assume it is creating a huge Inventory and
Accounting nightmare.

I am able to identify all the parts in inventory with a lot number
attached by building a BAQ looking for lot numbers. However the
extra labor everyday for this is getting out of hand.

Thanks,
Mark Jervis






--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@...> wrote:
>
> Are you using backflushing to issue material? I am confused, does
> the lot code get attached to the finished assembly part number, or
> the components withing the BOM?
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> >
> > We are a manufacturing firm. We set vantage up so that all our
> > finished products are reported and inventory is tracked through
> > BOM's (bill of materials)
> >
> > Say for example we are building a table.
> >
> > In our BOM we put:
> >
> > 1 table top
> > 4 legs
> > 6 screws
> >
> > At the end of the day when the supervisor for that assembly area
> > enters what his employees did for the day (IE: 6 tables) it
> removes
> > all the small parts from our inventory as expected.
> >
> > However it grabs the job number for the part built and assigns
the
> > job number as a lot number on the part.
> >
> > We do not use lot numbers and therefore that part gets stuck in
> our
> > inventory because with lot numbers turned off company wide we
are
> > not allowed to ship against that lot number or adjust inventory
> > against that lot number.
> >
> > I know everyones normal answer would be turn on lot numbers
> company
> > wide but thats not possible due to the fact we are one plant out
> of
> > a multiple plant operation.
> >
> > Therefore in order to ship 6 tables we have to adjust the
> inventory
> > by 6 tables without a lot number and the lot numbered table
stays
> in
> > our inventory.
> >
> > Accounting is seeing our inventory numbers grow beyond control.
So
> a
> > work around for this is needed by the end of the month.
> >
> > Mark Jervis
> > Inventory Control
> > Prince Manufacturing (Asheville)
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@> wrote:
> > >
> > > We are in pilot mode, and have not noticed this issue -- can
you
> > be
> > > more specific? What can I look for? Is the job number being
> > > attached to material structured to the job as a lot number?
How
> > can
> > > I test this?
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > I am having a problem with vantage and was wondering if
> anybody
> > > else
> > > > has run across this and found a work around.
> > > >
> > > > Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when we do labor
> > entry
> > > > vantage is taking the job numbers and putting them as lot
> > numbers.
> > > >
> > > > Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a full physical
> > > > Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items amount if it
has
> > > been
> > > > assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup for lot
numbers.
> > > >
> > > > Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in October.
> However
> > > > this glich is putting our inventory numbers out of control.
> > Which
> > > in
> > > > turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact we are
> showing
> > a
> > > > large number of items in stock that we physically don't have.
> > > >
> > > > If anybody has found a way to adjust these numbers
> automatically
> > > or
> > > > manually please respond.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > Inventory Control
> > > > Prince Manufacturing
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
Mark -

What specific version are you on?

Karen Knolls
IT Manager
Micro Dynamics.





"prince_ashe_mark
"
<prince_ashe_mark To
@...> vantage@yahoogroups.com
Sent by: cc
vantage@yahoogrou
ps.com Subject
[Vantage] Version 8 and Lot Numbers

08/16/2006 07:06
AM


Please respond to
vantage@yahoogrou
ps.com






Hello,

I am having a problem with vantage and was wondering if anybody else
has run across this and found a work around.

Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when we do labor entry
vantage is taking the job numbers and putting them as lot numbers.

Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a full physical
Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items amount if it has been
assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup for lot numbers.

Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in October. However
this glich is putting our inventory numbers out of control. Which in
turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact we are showing a
large number of items in stock that we physically don't have.

If anybody has found a way to adjust these numbers automatically or
manually please respond.

Thanks,
Mark Jervis
Inventory Control
Prince Manufacturing





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
So I can simulate here, where do you see the Lot number? For
example, in the Part Tracker - Lots tab?
Do you perform a job receipt to put the finished product in
inventory?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
<prince_ashe_mark@...> wrote:
>
> Yes we are using backflushing to issue the materials.
>
> The lot number gets attached to any product made by using labor
> entry.
>
> IE: Say we were building tables and we needed to create a Small
> Parts Bag or Accessory Pack to go with that Part. When we enter
the
> labor entry for making the bag kit those bag kits get assigned a
lot
> number which is the same as the job number. Then when we enter the
> labor entry for the final product that uses that bag kit we run
> negative on the bag kits because we cannot use the bag kits that
> have the lot number attached to them and we also run negative
final
> product because we cannot ship the product that has been assigned
a
> lot number.
>
> Therefore our inventory numbers keep growing not only with final
> products but also any assembled products that go into the final
> products.
>
>
> As you can well assume it is creating a huge Inventory and
> Accounting nightmare.
>
> I am able to identify all the parts in inventory with a lot number
> attached by building a BAQ looking for lot numbers. However the
> extra labor everyday for this is getting out of hand.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Jervis
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@> wrote:
> >
> > Are you using backflushing to issue material? I am confused,
does
> > the lot code get attached to the finished assembly part number,
or
> > the components withing the BOM?
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > >
> > > We are a manufacturing firm. We set vantage up so that all our
> > > finished products are reported and inventory is tracked
through
> > > BOM's (bill of materials)
> > >
> > > Say for example we are building a table.
> > >
> > > In our BOM we put:
> > >
> > > 1 table top
> > > 4 legs
> > > 6 screws
> > >
> > > At the end of the day when the supervisor for that assembly
area
> > > enters what his employees did for the day (IE: 6 tables) it
> > removes
> > > all the small parts from our inventory as expected.
> > >
> > > However it grabs the job number for the part built and assigns
> the
> > > job number as a lot number on the part.
> > >
> > > We do not use lot numbers and therefore that part gets stuck
in
> > our
> > > inventory because with lot numbers turned off company wide we
> are
> > > not allowed to ship against that lot number or adjust
inventory
> > > against that lot number.
> > >
> > > I know everyones normal answer would be turn on lot numbers
> > company
> > > wide but thats not possible due to the fact we are one plant
out
> > of
> > > a multiple plant operation.
> > >
> > > Therefore in order to ship 6 tables we have to adjust the
> > inventory
> > > by 6 tables without a lot number and the lot numbered table
> stays
> > in
> > > our inventory.
> > >
> > > Accounting is seeing our inventory numbers grow beyond
control.
> So
> > a
> > > work around for this is needed by the end of the month.
> > >
> > > Mark Jervis
> > > Inventory Control
> > > Prince Manufacturing (Asheville)
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > We are in pilot mode, and have not noticed this issue -- can
> you
> > > be
> > > > more specific? What can I look for? Is the job number
being
> > > > attached to material structured to the job as a lot number?
> How
> > > can
> > > > I test this?
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Hello,
> > > > >
> > > > > I am having a problem with vantage and was wondering if
> > anybody
> > > > else
> > > > > has run across this and found a work around.
> > > > >
> > > > > Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when we do
labor
> > > entry
> > > > > vantage is taking the job numbers and putting them as lot
> > > numbers.
> > > > >
> > > > > Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a full
physical
> > > > > Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items amount if it
> has
> > > > been
> > > > > assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup for lot
> numbers.
> > > > >
> > > > > Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in October.
> > However
> > > > > this glich is putting our inventory numbers out of
control.
> > > Which
> > > > in
> > > > > turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact we are
> > showing
> > > a
> > > > > large number of items in stock that we physically don't
have.
> > > > >
> > > > > If anybody has found a way to adjust these numbers
> > automatically
> > > > or
> > > > > manually please respond.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > > Inventory Control
> > > > > Prince Manufacturing
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
Yes when we do the labor entry a job reciept to stock for the job is
automatic.

I see the lot number when I go to quantity adjustment to adjust the
part number so we can ship the product.

Thanks,
Mark Jervis


--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@...> wrote:
>
> So I can simulate here, where do you see the Lot number? For
> example, in the Part Tracker - Lots tab?
> Do you perform a job receipt to put the finished product in
> inventory?
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> >
> > Yes we are using backflushing to issue the materials.
> >
> > The lot number gets attached to any product made by using labor
> > entry.
> >
> > IE: Say we were building tables and we needed to create a Small
> > Parts Bag or Accessory Pack to go with that Part. When we enter
> the
> > labor entry for making the bag kit those bag kits get assigned a
> lot
> > number which is the same as the job number. Then when we enter
the
> > labor entry for the final product that uses that bag kit we run
> > negative on the bag kits because we cannot use the bag kits that
> > have the lot number attached to them and we also run negative
> final
> > product because we cannot ship the product that has been
assigned
> a
> > lot number.
> >
> > Therefore our inventory numbers keep growing not only with final
> > products but also any assembled products that go into the final
> > products.
> >
> >
> > As you can well assume it is creating a huge Inventory and
> > Accounting nightmare.
> >
> > I am able to identify all the parts in inventory with a lot
number
> > attached by building a BAQ looking for lot numbers. However the
> > extra labor everyday for this is getting out of hand.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark Jervis
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you using backflushing to issue material? I am confused,
> does
> > > the lot code get attached to the finished assembly part
number,
> or
> > > the components withing the BOM?
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > We are a manufacturing firm. We set vantage up so that all
our
> > > > finished products are reported and inventory is tracked
> through
> > > > BOM's (bill of materials)
> > > >
> > > > Say for example we are building a table.
> > > >
> > > > In our BOM we put:
> > > >
> > > > 1 table top
> > > > 4 legs
> > > > 6 screws
> > > >
> > > > At the end of the day when the supervisor for that assembly
> area
> > > > enters what his employees did for the day (IE: 6 tables) it
> > > removes
> > > > all the small parts from our inventory as expected.
> > > >
> > > > However it grabs the job number for the part built and
assigns
> > the
> > > > job number as a lot number on the part.
> > > >
> > > > We do not use lot numbers and therefore that part gets stuck
> in
> > > our
> > > > inventory because with lot numbers turned off company wide
we
> > are
> > > > not allowed to ship against that lot number or adjust
> inventory
> > > > against that lot number.
> > > >
> > > > I know everyones normal answer would be turn on lot numbers
> > > company
> > > > wide but thats not possible due to the fact we are one plant
> out
> > > of
> > > > a multiple plant operation.
> > > >
> > > > Therefore in order to ship 6 tables we have to adjust the
> > > inventory
> > > > by 6 tables without a lot number and the lot numbered table
> > stays
> > > in
> > > > our inventory.
> > > >
> > > > Accounting is seeing our inventory numbers grow beyond
> control.
> > So
> > > a
> > > > work around for this is needed by the end of the month.
> > > >
> > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > Inventory Control
> > > > Prince Manufacturing (Asheville)
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@>
wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > We are in pilot mode, and have not noticed this issue --
can
> > you
> > > > be
> > > > > more specific? What can I look for? Is the job number
> being
> > > > > attached to material structured to the job as a lot
number?
> > How
> > > > can
> > > > > I test this?
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Hello,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I am having a problem with vantage and was wondering if
> > > anybody
> > > > > else
> > > > > > has run across this and found a work around.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when we do
> labor
> > > > entry
> > > > > > vantage is taking the job numbers and putting them as
lot
> > > > numbers.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a full
> physical
> > > > > > Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items amount if
it
> > has
> > > > > been
> > > > > > assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup for lot
> > numbers.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in October.
> > > However
> > > > > > this glich is putting our inventory numbers out of
> control.
> > > > Which
> > > > > in
> > > > > > turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact we are
> > > showing
> > > > a
> > > > > > large number of items in stock that we physically don't
> have.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > If anybody has found a way to adjust these numbers
> > > automatically
> > > > > or
> > > > > > manually please respond.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > > > Inventory Control
> > > > > > Prince Manufacturing
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
8.00.809




--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, kknolls@... wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> Mark -
>
> What specific version are you on?
>
> Karen Knolls
> IT Manager
> Micro Dynamics.
>
>
>
>
>

> "prince_ashe_mark

> "

>
<prince_ashe_mark To
> @...>
vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent
by: cc
>
vantage@yahoogrou
> ps.com
Subject
> [Vantage] Version 8 and Lot
Numbers
>

> 08/16/2006
07:06
>
AM
>

>

> Please respond
to
>
vantage@yahoogrou
>
ps.com
>

>

>
>
>
>
> Hello,
>
> I am having a problem with vantage and was wondering if anybody
else
> has run across this and found a work around.
>
> Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when we do labor entry
> vantage is taking the job numbers and putting them as lot numbers.
>
> Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a full physical
> Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items amount if it has been
> assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup for lot numbers.
>
> Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in October. However
> this glich is putting our inventory numbers out of control. Which
in
> turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact we are showing a
> large number of items in stock that we physically don't have.
>
> If anybody has found a way to adjust these numbers automatically or
> manually please respond.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Jervis
> Inventory Control
> Prince Manufacturing
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Ah -- sorry I can't duplicate, we backflush material, but perform a
job receipt to get the assembly to inventory.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
<prince_ashe_mark@...> wrote:
>
> Yes when we do the labor entry a job reciept to stock for the job
is
> automatic.
>
> I see the lot number when I go to quantity adjustment to adjust
the
> part number so we can ship the product.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Jervis
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@> wrote:
> >
> > So I can simulate here, where do you see the Lot number? For
> > example, in the Part Tracker - Lots tab?
> > Do you perform a job receipt to put the finished product in
> > inventory?
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes we are using backflushing to issue the materials.
> > >
> > > The lot number gets attached to any product made by using
labor
> > > entry.
> > >
> > > IE: Say we were building tables and we needed to create a
Small
> > > Parts Bag or Accessory Pack to go with that Part. When we
enter
> > the
> > > labor entry for making the bag kit those bag kits get assigned
a
> > lot
> > > number which is the same as the job number. Then when we enter
> the
> > > labor entry for the final product that uses that bag kit we
run
> > > negative on the bag kits because we cannot use the bag kits
that
> > > have the lot number attached to them and we also run negative
> > final
> > > product because we cannot ship the product that has been
> assigned
> > a
> > > lot number.
> > >
> > > Therefore our inventory numbers keep growing not only with
final
> > > products but also any assembled products that go into the
final
> > > products.
> > >
> > >
> > > As you can well assume it is creating a huge Inventory and
> > > Accounting nightmare.
> > >
> > > I am able to identify all the parts in inventory with a lot
> number
> > > attached by building a BAQ looking for lot numbers. However
the
> > > extra labor everyday for this is getting out of hand.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark Jervis
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Are you using backflushing to issue material? I am
confused,
> > does
> > > > the lot code get attached to the finished assembly part
> number,
> > or
> > > > the components withing the BOM?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > We are a manufacturing firm. We set vantage up so that all
> our
> > > > > finished products are reported and inventory is tracked
> > through
> > > > > BOM's (bill of materials)
> > > > >
> > > > > Say for example we are building a table.
> > > > >
> > > > > In our BOM we put:
> > > > >
> > > > > 1 table top
> > > > > 4 legs
> > > > > 6 screws
> > > > >
> > > > > At the end of the day when the supervisor for that
assembly
> > area
> > > > > enters what his employees did for the day (IE: 6 tables)
it
> > > > removes
> > > > > all the small parts from our inventory as expected.
> > > > >
> > > > > However it grabs the job number for the part built and
> assigns
> > > the
> > > > > job number as a lot number on the part.
> > > > >
> > > > > We do not use lot numbers and therefore that part gets
stuck
> > in
> > > > our
> > > > > inventory because with lot numbers turned off company wide
> we
> > > are
> > > > > not allowed to ship against that lot number or adjust
> > inventory
> > > > > against that lot number.
> > > > >
> > > > > I know everyones normal answer would be turn on lot
numbers
> > > > company
> > > > > wide but thats not possible due to the fact we are one
plant
> > out
> > > > of
> > > > > a multiple plant operation.
> > > > >
> > > > > Therefore in order to ship 6 tables we have to adjust the
> > > > inventory
> > > > > by 6 tables without a lot number and the lot numbered
table
> > > stays
> > > > in
> > > > > our inventory.
> > > > >
> > > > > Accounting is seeing our inventory numbers grow beyond
> > control.
> > > So
> > > > a
> > > > > work around for this is needed by the end of the month.
> > > > >
> > > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > > Inventory Control
> > > > > Prince Manufacturing (Asheville)
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@>
> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > We are in pilot mode, and have not noticed this issue --
> can
> > > you
> > > > > be
> > > > > > more specific? What can I look for? Is the job number
> > being
> > > > > > attached to material structured to the job as a lot
> number?
> > > How
> > > > > can
> > > > > > I test this?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > > > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Hello,
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I am having a problem with vantage and was wondering
if
> > > > anybody
> > > > > > else
> > > > > > > has run across this and found a work around.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when we do
> > labor
> > > > > entry
> > > > > > > vantage is taking the job numbers and putting them as
> lot
> > > > > numbers.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a full
> > physical
> > > > > > > Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items amount
if
> it
> > > has
> > > > > > been
> > > > > > > assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup for lot
> > > numbers.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in
October.
> > > > However
> > > > > > > this glich is putting our inventory numbers out of
> > control.
> > > > > Which
> > > > > > in
> > > > > > > turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact we
are
> > > > showing
> > > > > a
> > > > > > > large number of items in stock that we physically
don't
> > have.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > If anybody has found a way to adjust these numbers
> > > > automatically
> > > > > > or
> > > > > > > manually please respond.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > > > > Inventory Control
> > > > > > > Prince Manufacturing
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
I'm lost when you say you perform a job reciept to get the
assembly's to Inventory ... Ours are automatic but thats where the
problem starts.

Can you explain what steps you take to perform your job reciepts ?

Thanks,
Mark Jervis



--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@...> wrote:
>
> Ah -- sorry I can't duplicate, we backflush material, but perform
a
> job receipt to get the assembly to inventory.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> >
> > Yes when we do the labor entry a job reciept to stock for the
job
> is
> > automatic.
> >
> > I see the lot number when I go to quantity adjustment to adjust
> the
> > part number so we can ship the product.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark Jervis
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@> wrote:
> > >
> > > So I can simulate here, where do you see the Lot number? For
> > > example, in the Part Tracker - Lots tab?
> > > Do you perform a job receipt to put the finished product in
> > > inventory?
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Yes we are using backflushing to issue the materials.
> > > >
> > > > The lot number gets attached to any product made by using
> labor
> > > > entry.
> > > >
> > > > IE: Say we were building tables and we needed to create a
> Small
> > > > Parts Bag or Accessory Pack to go with that Part. When we
> enter
> > > the
> > > > labor entry for making the bag kit those bag kits get
assigned
> a
> > > lot
> > > > number which is the same as the job number. Then when we
enter
> > the
> > > > labor entry for the final product that uses that bag kit we
> run
> > > > negative on the bag kits because we cannot use the bag kits
> that
> > > > have the lot number attached to them and we also run
negative
> > > final
> > > > product because we cannot ship the product that has been
> > assigned
> > > a
> > > > lot number.
> > > >
> > > > Therefore our inventory numbers keep growing not only with
> final
> > > > products but also any assembled products that go into the
> final
> > > > products.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > As you can well assume it is creating a huge Inventory and
> > > > Accounting nightmare.
> > > >
> > > > I am able to identify all the parts in inventory with a lot
> > number
> > > > attached by building a BAQ looking for lot numbers. However
> the
> > > > extra labor everyday for this is getting out of hand.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Mark Jervis
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@>
wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Are you using backflushing to issue material? I am
> confused,
> > > does
> > > > > the lot code get attached to the finished assembly part
> > number,
> > > or
> > > > > the components withing the BOM?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > We are a manufacturing firm. We set vantage up so that
all
> > our
> > > > > > finished products are reported and inventory is tracked
> > > through
> > > > > > BOM's (bill of materials)
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Say for example we are building a table.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > In our BOM we put:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 1 table top
> > > > > > 4 legs
> > > > > > 6 screws
> > > > > >
> > > > > > At the end of the day when the supervisor for that
> assembly
> > > area
> > > > > > enters what his employees did for the day (IE: 6 tables)
> it
> > > > > removes
> > > > > > all the small parts from our inventory as expected.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > However it grabs the job number for the part built and
> > assigns
> > > > the
> > > > > > job number as a lot number on the part.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > We do not use lot numbers and therefore that part gets
> stuck
> > > in
> > > > > our
> > > > > > inventory because with lot numbers turned off company
wide
> > we
> > > > are
> > > > > > not allowed to ship against that lot number or adjust
> > > inventory
> > > > > > against that lot number.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I know everyones normal answer would be turn on lot
> numbers
> > > > > company
> > > > > > wide but thats not possible due to the fact we are one
> plant
> > > out
> > > > > of
> > > > > > a multiple plant operation.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Therefore in order to ship 6 tables we have to adjust
the
> > > > > inventory
> > > > > > by 6 tables without a lot number and the lot numbered
> table
> > > > stays
> > > > > in
> > > > > > our inventory.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Accounting is seeing our inventory numbers grow beyond
> > > control.
> > > > So
> > > > > a
> > > > > > work around for this is needed by the end of the month.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > > > Inventory Control
> > > > > > Prince Manufacturing (Asheville)
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@>
> > wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > We are in pilot mode, and have not noticed this issue -
-
> > can
> > > > you
> > > > > > be
> > > > > > > more specific? What can I look for? Is the job
number
> > > being
> > > > > > > attached to material structured to the job as a lot
> > number?
> > > > How
> > > > > > can
> > > > > > > I test this?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > > > > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Hello,
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > I am having a problem with vantage and was wondering
> if
> > > > > anybody
> > > > > > > else
> > > > > > > > has run across this and found a work around.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when we
do
> > > labor
> > > > > > entry
> > > > > > > > vantage is taking the job numbers and putting them
as
> > lot
> > > > > > numbers.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a full
> > > physical
> > > > > > > > Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items amount
> if
> > it
> > > > has
> > > > > > > been
> > > > > > > > assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup for
lot
> > > > numbers.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in
> October.
> > > > > However
> > > > > > > > this glich is putting our inventory numbers out of
> > > control.
> > > > > > Which
> > > > > > > in
> > > > > > > > turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact we
> are
> > > > > showing
> > > > > > a
> > > > > > > > large number of items in stock that we physically
> don't
> > > have.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > If anybody has found a way to adjust these numbers
> > > > > automatically
> > > > > > > or
> > > > > > > > manually please respond.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > > > > > Inventory Control
> > > > > > > > Prince Manufacturing
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> 8.00.809

We are on version 8.00.808g (809 this week...maybe), however, we do not see
the same behavior. What we do is run the Serial Number Assignment program.
(Production Management | Job Management | General Operations) This program
issues the serial numbers in the format that you choose. If you ship from the
order, the shipping people can select from the list of serial numbers
assigned.

Mark W.
Ok I got ahead of myself.

We have checked auto add to inventory whereas you probably do the 2
step process.

We are going to test the 2 step process today.

Mark



--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
<prince_ashe_mark@...> wrote:
>
> I'm lost when you say you perform a job reciept to get the
> assembly's to Inventory ... Ours are automatic but thats where the
> problem starts.
>
> Can you explain what steps you take to perform your job reciepts ?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Jervis
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@> wrote:
> >
> > Ah -- sorry I can't duplicate, we backflush material, but
perform
> a
> > job receipt to get the assembly to inventory.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes when we do the labor entry a job reciept to stock for the
> job
> > is
> > > automatic.
> > >
> > > I see the lot number when I go to quantity adjustment to
adjust
> > the
> > > part number so we can ship the product.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark Jervis
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > So I can simulate here, where do you see the Lot number? For
> > > > example, in the Part Tracker - Lots tab?
> > > > Do you perform a job receipt to put the finished product in
> > > > inventory?
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Yes we are using backflushing to issue the materials.
> > > > >
> > > > > The lot number gets attached to any product made by using
> > labor
> > > > > entry.
> > > > >
> > > > > IE: Say we were building tables and we needed to create a
> > Small
> > > > > Parts Bag or Accessory Pack to go with that Part. When we
> > enter
> > > > the
> > > > > labor entry for making the bag kit those bag kits get
> assigned
> > a
> > > > lot
> > > > > number which is the same as the job number. Then when we
> enter
> > > the
> > > > > labor entry for the final product that uses that bag kit
we
> > run
> > > > > negative on the bag kits because we cannot use the bag
kits
> > that
> > > > > have the lot number attached to them and we also run
> negative
> > > > final
> > > > > product because we cannot ship the product that has been
> > > assigned
> > > > a
> > > > > lot number.
> > > > >
> > > > > Therefore our inventory numbers keep growing not only with
> > final
> > > > > products but also any assembled products that go into the
> > final
> > > > > products.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > As you can well assume it is creating a huge Inventory and
> > > > > Accounting nightmare.
> > > > >
> > > > > I am able to identify all the parts in inventory with a
lot
> > > number
> > > > > attached by building a BAQ looking for lot numbers.
However
> > the
> > > > > extra labor everyday for this is getting out of hand.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161" <gcreighton@>
> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Are you using backflushing to issue material? I am
> > confused,
> > > > does
> > > > > > the lot code get attached to the finished assembly part
> > > number,
> > > > or
> > > > > > the components withing the BOM?
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > > > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > We are a manufacturing firm. We set vantage up so that
> all
> > > our
> > > > > > > finished products are reported and inventory is
tracked
> > > > through
> > > > > > > BOM's (bill of materials)
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Say for example we are building a table.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > In our BOM we put:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 1 table top
> > > > > > > 4 legs
> > > > > > > 6 screws
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > At the end of the day when the supervisor for that
> > assembly
> > > > area
> > > > > > > enters what his employees did for the day (IE: 6
tables)
> > it
> > > > > > removes
> > > > > > > all the small parts from our inventory as expected.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > However it grabs the job number for the part built and
> > > assigns
> > > > > the
> > > > > > > job number as a lot number on the part.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > We do not use lot numbers and therefore that part gets
> > stuck
> > > > in
> > > > > > our
> > > > > > > inventory because with lot numbers turned off company
> wide
> > > we
> > > > > are
> > > > > > > not allowed to ship against that lot number or adjust
> > > > inventory
> > > > > > > against that lot number.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I know everyones normal answer would be turn on lot
> > numbers
> > > > > > company
> > > > > > > wide but thats not possible due to the fact we are one
> > plant
> > > > out
> > > > > > of
> > > > > > > a multiple plant operation.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Therefore in order to ship 6 tables we have to adjust
> the
> > > > > > inventory
> > > > > > > by 6 tables without a lot number and the lot numbered
> > table
> > > > > stays
> > > > > > in
> > > > > > > our inventory.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Accounting is seeing our inventory numbers grow beyond
> > > > control.
> > > > > So
> > > > > > a
> > > > > > > work around for this is needed by the end of the month.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > > > > Inventory Control
> > > > > > > Prince Manufacturing (Asheville)
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gsc1161"
<gcreighton@>
> > > wrote:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > We are in pilot mode, and have not noticed this
issue -
> -
> > > can
> > > > > you
> > > > > > > be
> > > > > > > > more specific? What can I look for? Is the job
> number
> > > > being
> > > > > > > > attached to material structured to the job as a lot
> > > number?
> > > > > How
> > > > > > > can
> > > > > > > > I test this?
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "prince_ashe_mark"
> > > > > > > > <prince_ashe_mark@> wrote:
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Hello,
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > I am having a problem with vantage and was
wondering
> > if
> > > > > > anybody
> > > > > > > > else
> > > > > > > > > has run across this and found a work around.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Since we moved to Vantage 8 we have noticed when
we
> do
> > > > labor
> > > > > > > entry
> > > > > > > > > vantage is taking the job numbers and putting them
> as
> > > lot
> > > > > > > numbers.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Now the problem: This has prompted us to do a full
> > > > physical
> > > > > > > > > Inventory. However we cannot adjust any items
amount
> > if
> > > it
> > > > > has
> > > > > > > > been
> > > > > > > > > assigned a lot number. Our system isn't setup for
> lot
> > > > > numbers.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Epicor tells us there will be a fix for this in
> > October.
> > > > > > However
> > > > > > > > > this glich is putting our inventory numbers out of
> > > > control.
> > > > > > > Which
> > > > > > > > in
> > > > > > > > > turn is affecting our accounting due to the fact
we
> > are
> > > > > > showing
> > > > > > > a
> > > > > > > > > large number of items in stock that we physically
> > don't
> > > > have.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > If anybody has found a way to adjust these numbers
> > > > > > automatically
> > > > > > > > or
> > > > > > > > > manually please respond.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > > > > Mark Jervis
> > > > > > > > > Inventory Control
> > > > > > > > > Prince Manufacturing
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>