View to see if all materials available?

Is there a tool in Epicor where we can enter a part number that has sub-assemblies and see whether or not all of the materials for those sub-assemblies are in stock to manufacture that part?

Sometimes customers call with a parent part number and want to know if everything is in stock to make that part. If the part has sub-assemblies, then we need to open up each one to find whether the materials are available. This takes a lot of time and would be nice to have a tool to view this information from the parent part number.

Perhaps we’re missing a feature in a dashboard/report/etc.

Thank you.

There isn’t anything built in, mostly because that’s going to be different for every company. I’m sure there are certain things they you ignore in your looking because you know it’s easy/quick to get, and so there is always going to be special rules.

So… that means you would have to look that up yourself via BAQ/Dashboard. You’ll need a CTE query to make it hierarchical, but it’s doable.

EDIT: see below, there is an availability report. I didn’t know that existed.

1 Like

@Adam @timshuwy posted a baq that does this here. Hopefully it will get you started.

Have you looked at Capable to promise?

Look at the availablity report under Production Management \ Engineering \ Reports

1 Like

Like @E102016 said, use the “Availability Report.” Note, it is not MRP. It will look at quantity required and quantity on hand but not any other demand or future supply.

1 Like

Thank you all! The Availability Report seems to report exactly what we were looking for.

Well, I stand corrected. Good to know, I didn’t know that was there.