Vista PO Requisition Best Practices

Does V8 have a View Action Log in the Request Entry form?

Here’s what I see. Req #2 was ordered (through the PO Suggestions form).

Req #3 was approved, appears in PO Suggestions, but has not yet been ordered

Yeah it does have the action log, the req that should be sent to purchasing is still listed as pending but does not appear in the suggestions

My next guess would be that it’s a constraint via the BUYER.

I think you have to choose a Part Class, and only Classes with the “Purch Req” option show. Part Classes can also specify a Buyer. If the person using New PO Suggestions isn’t an authorized buyer for that part class, then maybe the Req doesn’t show - because you wouldn’t be able to buy it.

Ah…that was it. I didn’t have all the part classes opened up for requisitions. Once I selected them all I was able to get the requisitions to show in PO Suggestions…thanks so much @ckrusen!

@ckrusen One last question, in a previous post you had a search option for just requisitions. V8 does not have that option, however do you think it would be difficult to make that a custom quick search or a advanced search? How would I go about doing that? I have never created a custom search in Epicor.

Ideally I’d want a search that only shows Reqs.

You could make a BAQ search, then choose the BAQ tab in the search box.

Basic steps are:

1. Create a BAQ for table SugPoDtl. Make sure to include columns: Company, SugNum.
  2. Add the fields Company and SugNum to the BAQ search

There’s a good description of it in the Epicor Tools Users Guide