Warning: A/R is not interfaced with General Ledger

Hello All,
Created another company. We had multi-company licenses. Followed implementation steps.
Copied basic GL accounts, just like parent company. After implementation I am getting “Warning Message: A/R is not interfaced with General Ledger. G/l Transactions will NOT be created”. Similarly for A/P. After some digging found out my Chart of Account Structure – Master is not checked marked. It is greyed out.
Therefore I looked further under Company configuration > All Modules > General - When selected Account Specification – COA Master: “AAC MAIN COA.” I am getting an error message. Error: Default Journal Code Should be a valid non-system journal.
Does anyone know or have an idea how to fix this error?

Did you look under Company Configuration > Finance > General Ledger?

There is a section named System Interfaces. There AP, AR, Payroll and Inventory.

Cathy, Thanks for looking into it. When I checked marked & got another error message “Default Journal Code should be a valid non-system journal.” Any suggestions to fix non-system journal issues.

On the same screen, you need to set the default journal code before you can change anything in company config. You will need to go to the journal first and make sure you have a non-system journal to set. General Journal is best…

So steps are, Journal code maintenance, select general journal and make this a non-system journal. Then, set the default journal to the general journal. Then check the interface check boxes

Thanks so much, helped me too.