Web formatting is the WORST

I don’t think anyone really has a fix for me, but I need to whine to someone.

So, the DFD is pretty busy. A fair amount of fields. This leads to a lot of scrolling and not he best UI. So looking at these 2 fields, each are only a few characters long. All of this field is empty space.

So I see there is this snazzy little option to pair 2 fields onto a single line. It should all fit fine.

But this is what it does. What the heck? Big huge gap for no reason…

Has anyone know what this column does? And how to use it? I’m hoping that it’s something useful, but I haven’t been able to find anything in the docs.

As usual, I also just sent in a ticket to Ancora, but if someone here has a quick answer, I would be grateful.

Web formatting has to work on a variable screen size, but I see your point. Much easier to maintain when it’s programmatically designed than trying to set it at a certain point.

You can use that exact “Layout parameters” field you’re referring to to design the input portion of the DFD. I have never actually used these so I don’t know the specific beyond what can be found in the help section on the Ancora website. I’ve pasted it below for quick reference.

Layout Parameters

By Default, each Form Field will use the length of the entire row, using the Layout Parameters, a Document Form Definition can be configured to mirror the same layout as the document. Click in the cell to activate Layout Parameters controls.

New row: This creates a new row in the form beginning with the select field

Min width: This is the minimum number of pixels to display for the field. This can be left at the default value of 0

Max width: This sets the maximum width of the field.

Note: the size of the fields will dynamically adjust based on the number of fields added to a given row.

Note: the layout parameters are only supported in the desktop version of verify at this time.

See an example form layout below, where each row in the Document Form Definition matches the the corresponding document.

Your not wrong, but it only used for training for us, so it is what it is.

Ah, that’s the problem, we’re cloud. Even if I use these, it doesn’t seem to do anything. I wonder if it’s just a legacy field hanging around when it’s no longer used.