Whats the best way to create a updatable dashboard

I just wanted to create multiple date records for the selected supplier. So my updatable dashboard is just linked to just one user defined table. This updatable dashboard sits on supplier Entry screen as a separate tab. What I want is that when I create new record in dashboard using new button from dashboard's buttons. The new record should pull the Supplier/Vendor ID automatically from the main Supplier Entry screen. Users should key in rest of the fields.I'm able to successfully assign automatically Company ID. But couldn't seem to find the way to automatically pull VendorID into Key field of UD table.
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@...> wrote:
>
> You can only update one table in an updateable query, so if you are trying to create a new supplier record and update a UD table at the same time it wont work. You will have to do an updateable query for the supplier and then another updateable BAQ for the UD table. You can then bring both of those into an updateable dashboard, The user could then create the new supplier on the dashboard in the supplier query and then update the other query UD table by retrieving the supplier record and updateing the UD fields on the second part of the dashboard
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: "noor.fazli@..." <noor.fazli@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:24 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Whats the best way to create a updatable dashboard
>
> ÂÂ
>
>
> --- In mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com, "noor.fazli@" <noor.fazli@> wrote:
> >Please help me on that?
>
> > We are on Epicor 9.05.700C.
> > I want to create a updatable dashboard on the Supplier entry screen as a tab.This updatable dashboard will be used to add multiple dates to a particular supplier. Data needs to be stored in the user defined table. This updatable dashbord is connected to updatable query that Displays company = Constant Comapny, key1 needs to get initial value of VendorId from the entry screen, date01 as user-defined date field, will be input by the user.
> > I have filter on dashboard defined as key1 = "Browse data".
> > When I click new button on dashboard its creating new record, with the right Company ID but somehow VendorID is not getting passed from the main Entry form to the key1.
> > What can be possibly mssing here. I need to get VendorID from the main Supplier Entry screen passed to the newly created record on the dashboard.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
We are on Epicor 9.05.700C.
I want to create a updatable dashboard on the Supplier entry screen as a tab.This updatable dashboard will be used to add multiple dates to a particular supplier. Data needs to be stored in the user defined table. This updatable dashbord is connected to updatable query that Displays company = Constant Comapny, key1 needs to get initial value of VendorId from the entry screen, date01 as user-defined date field, will be input by the user.
I have filter on dashboard defined as key1 = "Browse data".
When I click new button on dashboard its creating new record, with the right Company ID but somehow VendorID is not getting passed from the main Entry form to the key1.
What can be possibly mssing here. I need to get VendorID from the main Supplier Entry screen passed to the newly created record on the dashboard.

Thanks
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "noor.fazli@..." <noor.fazli@...> wrote:
>Please help me on that?

> We are on Epicor 9.05.700C.
> I want to create a updatable dashboard on the Supplier entry screen as a tab.This updatable dashboard will be used to add multiple dates to a particular supplier. Data needs to be stored in the user defined table. This updatable dashbord is connected to updatable query that Displays company = Constant Comapny, key1 needs to get initial value of VendorId from the entry screen, date01 as user-defined date field, will be input by the user.
> I have filter on dashboard defined as key1 = "Browse data".
> When I click new button on dashboard its creating new record, with the right Company ID but somehow VendorID is not getting passed from the main Entry form to the key1.
> What can be possibly mssing here. I need to get VendorID from the main Supplier Entry screen passed to the newly created record on the dashboard.
>
> Thanks
>
You can only update one table in an updateable query, so if you are trying to create a new supplier record and update a UD table at the same time it wont work. You will have to do an updateable query for the supplier and then another updateable BAQ for the UD table. You can then bring both of those into an updateable dashboard, The user could then create the new supplier on the dashboard in the supplier query and then update the other query UD table by retrieving the supplier record and updateing the UD fields on the second part of the dashboard

Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:24 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Whats the best way to create a updatable dashboard

Â

--- In mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com, "noor.fazli@..." <noor.fazli@...> wrote:
>Please help me on that?

> We are on Epicor 9.05.700C.
> I want to create a updatable dashboard on the Supplier entry screen as a tab.This updatable dashboard will be used to add multiple dates to a particular supplier. Data needs to be stored in the user defined table. This updatable dashbord is connected to updatable query that Displays company = Constant Comapny, key1 needs to get initial value of VendorId from the entry screen, date01 as user-defined date field, will be input by the user.
> I have filter on dashboard defined as key1 = "Browse data".
> When I click new button on dashboard its creating new record, with the right Company ID but somehow VendorID is not getting passed from the main Entry form to the key1.
> What can be possibly mssing here. I need to get VendorID from the main Supplier Entry screen passed to the newly created record on the dashboard.
>
> Thanks
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]