Windows 11 crashes on Contract Entry screen

This one may not be an Epicor thing directly. I’ve been running the Contract Entry screen (which is highly customized) for years on Windows 10, which NEVER blue-screened on me. A couple of weeks ago, my system was updated to Windows 11. Since then I have had at least one crash a day, and I finally figured out I can make it happen every time if I just open up the Contract Entry screen, then close it. The menu screen dims slightly, then it crashes to a blue screen. It doesn’t happen on the base screen, nor does it seem to happen on other screens consistently.

Are there any known issues I could look into with Epicor 10.2.700 and Windows 11?

Does it happen if you run the base form?

No, it doesn’t happen with the base form.

Seems probably its the customization causing the problem then. Does the bluescreen give any hints as to what went wrong?

Fairly surprising as you shouldn’t be getting bluescreens without hardware issues. You don’t have any other windows 11 computers to test with?

I think you’re onto something there, I don’t get a crash on the other Windows 11 system I have.

I’ll have to dig into hardware causes I guess. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :slight_smile:

Seems related to what we saw with the April 2024 patches too. Not all computers but very repeatable with the ones that crashed. For us it was Opportunity/Quote Entry.

Yes, that does indeed cause my system to crash too. So that’s probably it.