Workstation?

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to know which workstation the current user is logged in on? I am not talking about Machine name but rather the “Workstation” concept in Epicor.

We only have 2 workstations configured and those are for the agile ship connect product
I think the workstation id can be displayed on the status bar of the menu……

Right but I need to be able to figure out what the current workstation is from a BPM or customization… I can’t seem to find it anywhere

WorkstationID is a property of the Session object if that is what you are looking for

Thanks Scott… that one appears to be populated with the current PC’s name and session ID… :frowning:

UserComp.WorkstationID

Thanks Brian! My understanding of that one is the workstation assigned to the user but not necessarily the one they’ve picked when logged in to Epicor correct? What a PAIN :frowning:

Maybe I don’t understand, but you are looking for the WorkStationID that is setup under Shipping/Receiving?

When I assign my Epicor to a WorkStation ID I can get that ID by ((Session)this.oTrans.Session).WorkstationID

Hmm odd, I’ll try again thanks Scott!

I did some testing and when you change workstations the UserComp.WorkstationID is not updated until you log out and back into Epicor.

Thanks Brian,
I tested again @litzer67 suggestion and that does get updated when you switch. Thanks again all of you!

Strange, I use this in 10.1.400:
((Ice.Core.Session)this.oTrans.Session).WorkstationID

Works well (from a customization)

Yeah its working fine now @Chris_Conn I think it was cough PEBKAC cough (though I won’t admit it)

2 Likes

Bahaha so you ARE human!

http://www.numerama.com/forum/uploads/media/large/84066/pebkac-1-1-1.png

I’m not! you don’t call me that again!

1 Like

Your secret is safe with me
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/741/494/bcf.jpg

You can turn on the current workstation as part of the status bar info by
going to the Tools… Options menu.

Brad

Should that work in a data directive? I’m getting 'FakeDirective' does not contain a definition for 'oTrans'.... (10.2)

Edit: I found the solution in another thread. I can simply refer to Session.

Hello.
I use this in a MES customization and it returns a null value for WorkstationID. Other fields like Company, Username, etc. return correct values.

Any idea what to do?

Do you have workstations configured? Is your employee related to a user? Does the user have a workstation assigned?