Wrong UOM in PO, receipted and invoiced

Hello,

Our purchasing created a PO with the wrong UOM. Our AP didn’t catch the wrong UOM. The PO has now been invoiced, so we have an over stated costs of $188K in our packaging materials.

I know once a PO has been invoiced we can’t reverse the PO. What sort of fix can you do to not have the extra $188K of costs in the P&L.

thanks

2 Likes

In AP Invoice Entry, create a new group and then go to Actions > Create Cancellation Invoice. This will let you cancel the original invoice entered for this receipt and then will let you reverse the receipt and correct the PO. Once all the corrections have been made, you can then enter the receipt again and then enter the correct invoice.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. We will give that a go!!

Does it matter that the transaction was in prior month?

When you create the cancellation invoice, you are able to choose the apply date. As long as the prior month has not been closed yet and the Earliest Apply Date is not set to the beginning of this month, you should be able to apply the cancellation invoice to the prior month so the expense is cancelled in the same period. Make sure your Invoice Entry Group has the Apply Date set to the prior month before clicking “Create Cancellation Invoice”. Once you create the cancellation invoice, you cannot change the apply date without deleting and recreating it.

When you un-receive the PO receipt, the expense from the receipt should be zero in the original period as well.

1 Like

Oops, I got too excited, we’ve posted the cancellation invoice in current month. I am assuming we will just have timing issue.

Please clarify this line? “When you un-receive the PO receipt, the expense from the receipt should be zero in the original period as well.”

You know I am so glad I joined this forum. Tyler Smith your suggestion totally works.

thanks