10.2.300 -> 2021.2

Version 10.2.300 → 2021.2

This topic covers tips, tricks and known issues for making the jump between the two above sessions.

Tips:

Reports
Create a solution in original version and copy all reports. In my case, we loaded 2021.2 with our most recent backup from 10.2.300 and then ran all the conversions. All of my report styles/RDDs were intact as they were in the previous version. So I only needed to install the reports (.RDL files).

Dashboards
Dashboards will fail upon initial migration. Open Dashboard Maintenance and search and select all custom dashboards. Go to Actions > Deploy All UI Applications. Thanks @Mark_Wonsil for this pro tip.

Excel formatted Reports
I am still looking to see if you can reference the Excel Data Only version of an RDL from inside Epicor. The solution to copy all custom reports over only brings the base RDL file, not the Excel Data Only versions. So you need to manually go and grab those. For cloud based installs, I’m not sure how you get access to the EDO versions of an RDL to do custom formatting.

Known Issues:

Reports
Several customized reports did not work and required me to modify the RDD. Here is a list of RDDs that I needed to modify. Once modified in one Kinetic environment, you can make a solution with those that needed modification and install it on any other instances you have (Pilot and ultimately Production).

1. OrderAck - Sales Order Acknowledgement
    Add calculated fields to OrderRel and OrderDtl datasources in RDD called AttributeSetShortDesc.

2. ARForm - AR Invoice
    Long story short, I had to open SSMS and the report database and copy/paste the SQL query from the report data set and try to execute. We had to get the report to generate once using a blank report and select archive for a day in order to get the GUID to use in the query. When executing in SSMS, it gave me errors for the fields that it was not finding. Then we had to update the SQL statement within the ARForm dataset in the actual report… not the RDD. We ended up just removing the references to the fields that were no longer present in the RDD. I still don’t have which fields they were, but if you follow the steps I mentioned they will be revealed to you (and depending on when your report was created/forked from the Epicor out of the box version, this will reveal exactly where you need to focus your attention for your specific version).

3. InspPendReport - Inspection Pending Report
    Add calculated fields to NonConf, RcvDtl, and RmaRcpt data sources in RDD called AttributeSetShortDesc.

4. ReceiptInvMvmnt - Receipt Inventory Movement Report
    Add calculated field to PartTran data source in RDD called AttributeSetIDShortDesc.

5. POForm - Purchase Order Report
    Add calculated field to PORel data source in RDD called AttrShortDescription.

6. MtlQueue - Material Queue Report
    Added calculated field to MtlQueue data source in RDD called AttributeSetShortDescription.

7. JobTrav - Job Traveler
    Added calculated field to JobAsmbl data source in RDD called AttributeSetShortDescription.
    Added calculated field to JobMtl data source in RDD called AttributeSetShortDescription.
    Added calculated field to JobOper data source in RDD called AttributeSetShortDescription.
    Added calculated field to SubAsmbl data source in RDD called AttributeSetShortDescription.

8. TrOrdrRecRpt - Transfer Order Receipt Report
    Added calculated field to PartTran data source in RDD called AttributeSetIDShortDescription.

9. RMAForm - RMA Form
    Added calculated field to RMADtl data source in RDD called AttributeSetShortDescription.

10. ProFormaInvc - ProForma Invoice
    The default RDD changed and our customized RDD no longer worked. I believe it was related to the Calc_BillToAddressList and Calc_SoldToAddressList. I think they added Calc_SoldToAddressList and I also needed to update the report itself to use that field instead of the BillToAddressList when populating the header of the report.

11. CustSt - Customer Statemtent aka Statement of Account
    The stock RDD was updated and so we remade our custom RDD based off the new RDD. Sadly, the only thing custom in our RDD was to uncheck the “Exclude” box on Customer Name. This report had an APR routing associated to it so I had to rebuild that as well.

12. ApCheck - Process AP Payments
    This was not an issue related to the upgrade itself but I thought I would put my notes in here in case it helps someone in the future. We also moved to a new server as part of this upgrade. Our customized report had a reference to our previous server name explicitly - we think it was because we didn’t want anyone printing checks in Pilot or Test, etc. In any event, I had to update the visibility on the groups to refer to the new server.

13. ARAgng - Aging Report aka Aged Receivables
    This RDD was updated as well and the solution was to rebuild our customized RDD based off of the new standard RDD. I did not dig into what was different about it.

Payroll Employee Tracker
This standard form (no customizations) seems to not allow anyone to search for/load a record. I’m thinking this is supposed to be the Tracker version of Employee, but it does not work. I’m not sure anyone uses this.

3 Likes