10.2.700 -> 2021.2

Version 10.2.700.7 → 2021.2

This topic covers tips, tricks and known issues for making the jump between the two above sessions.

Tips:

Known Issues:

1. As of 12/30/2021 I was unable to use any kind of windows authentication into 2021. PRB0237579 was created as a result but seems to have disappeared. I’ll update as I get more info.

Progress on our upgrade:

1. We’re buying new servers, supposed to come in May;
  2. We’ve agreed on the limit for projects to be done before the upgrade;
  3. We’ve agreed on the “upgrade but keep old UI for now” concept;
  4. We’ve agreed to replace “fix bugs and develop based on local deficiencies” with “Enterprise Architecture taking the yearly strategy as input”

@josecgomez if a progress thread is not what you had in mind for this section, LMK and I’ll start a progress thread in “Frequent Flyer” or something, and just put wiki edits here. But I think such a diary could be very useful even for me to keep coming back to.

2 Likes

Works for me.

whelp, moving on to 2022.1 instead

@SteveFossey What was the verdict on this?

never did work. Worse, they assigned a problem number and after a few. months it disappeared!

However, 2022.1 seems to have solved it for clients and RDS logins, with an “allow windows authentication” checkbox on the appserver config page. I haven’t set up a TS to try RDS yet, but it works fine both as “modern” UI and with the /KINETIC switch, using LDAP windows authentication.

There’s still no way that I have found to use Windows auth into the browser-based kinetic version, but from what I’ve been reading there should be a way using O365-based Azure AD.

All in all, I have to say I’m pretty happy with 2022.1 so far, and getting the hang of the UI.

1 Like