1st/Last BAQ on ICE.MEMO

To All,
I know that this may seem like a dumb question but it is one that plaques many trying to do BAQ’s since there is no longer 1st/Last built in as was in 8.03. Is there additional documentation available to help explain how to set up a 1st/Last routine in a BAQ? We migrated from 8.03 to 10.1 and I am having trouble with this. I understand what happens when you set up the Min/Max calculated field but the issue is with bringing in the subquery into the Top Level. I am trying to use the ICE.MEMO with the Invoice Header and bring in the last comment entered. I have set up the Invoice Header BAQ and it works okay but am having issues with linking the ICE.MEMO table to Invoice Header. All of the documentation I have does not fully explain the items since the ICE.MEMO will not automatically link up. I would welcome any guidance you can give.

There was a post earlier for other tables but this should work as well:

This helps. The only other question is the easiest way to manually link the table relationships on the ICE.MEMO. Since this will not automatically link when selected I suspect that I will have to do a manual relationship link. For some reason the BAQ is not letting me select the “Add Row” on the Table Relations Tab. Let me know your thoughts.

I usually click the “link” button in the designer

and then click on the first table, drag to the second table, and release.

I will give this a try and let you know later. Thanks.

Not sure if it is the ICE.MEMO or what but it will not allow me to link to ERP.INVOICE HEAD. I keep getting table relations errors and cannot create a manual link. Any suggestions?

Whats your JOIN look like and whats the specific error.

Here are a couple of screen shots.

Error
Let me know.

I appreciate the help everyone has given. Finally got it to work once I found that the ICE.MEMO’s use the Key 1-3 field to record the invoice number which then allowed me to do the correct table relation link. Here is the outcome. I covered up the Customer’s names to protect the innocent.

1 Like