2021-04 Cumulative Update for 2004/20H2 (KB5001330)

Did you see this hack @jdewitt6029 . You could even make a label on the dashboard and say CLOSE THIS FORM. Or you could do an on loaded event that closes it :wink:

1 Like

@tkoch Great idea but I would have users asking why they are getting this error then complaining they have to do one more click…ugh!!! :wink:

2 Likes

Always the one more click.

1 Like

I was very lucky. I have some users who always open certain Dashboards and did not have this problem. I was one of them and I compare all actions after opening Epicor and was the difference. Nothing else.

For my opinion, even if the problem came from Microsoft, Epicor in collaboration with Infragistics can fix the issue. It seems an issue between Infragistics Controls and Microsoft.

2 Likes

I’m losing credibility having to blame Microsoft for patches all the time. Not to mention Office 365 issues.

4 Likes

How do I obtain the workaround?

Mike, it sounds like there are two issues being discussed in this thread.

(1) Epicor ERP CLIENT Performance Degradation (very slow responses when doing things in Epicor). The work-around for this is available with instructions here.

(2) The other is a slow/freezing/unresponsive Epicor ERP Client Screen when dragging and SteliosZoumis mentions a seemingly unorthodox (and unexpected) fix further above in this thread.

Hope that helps.

Has there been any update on a fix to either of these issues other than the workarounds above? I haven’t heard anything lately and my people still have issues. We have tried some of the workarounds but haven’t had any luck. I saw something about a possible fix in July???

1 Like

Beth, tomorrow is patch Tuesday. Hopefully they will release a fix then.

2 Likes

1 more week is my guess. Someone else can try it first though =)

1 Like

Does anyone know what Windows KB has the solution? The Epicor article said the third week of July, Windows would release an update to improve Epicor performance but when I asked Epicor support, they were unable to provide me an answer. Thanks,

I don’t believe there is a KB update release yet. July Cumulative update came out today, and is probably not included.

I saw that Epicor support updated their KB yesterday with info in screenshot below and link to Epicor KB below the screenshot.

https://epicorcs.service-now.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=2fe192431b1220504cd5b9d51a4bcbbf

6 Likes

Hi guys, just to check so have MS release the latest patch that will resolve this slowness problem?

Yes they did

They did, but as far as I can tell it was released on July 20th to the ‘Preview’ group and will not make it to general distribution until one of the August “Patch Tuesdays” (the MS notes did not say which).

I can confirm that it does greatly increase the speed at which Quote/Order entry screens open.

The way I read this, KB5005033 is a cumulative update that includes KB5004296.

Does that make sense? Really, I’m asking - I never deal with this stuff, so I don’t know if I am understanding it.

Edit/tangent: Ha, apparently the update will break “Alt-Tab.”

But it says to fix that, disable the new weather thing on the taskbar, which I had already disabled anyway because it annoys me:

That looks about right, but did it actually release on 8/10? I’ll have to check some more of my PC’s as most of mine are set to download, but not auto-update.

PS - it did not break the alt-tab function on my PC.

Mine auto installed on 8/12, if that helps.

I discovered this last week on another user’s computer. I tried to install the preview (4296) and it said, Oh no, you dummy, this is already installed. And what it meant was that 5033 was installed, I guess.

Its been released on the main channel mine installed fine on its own.