2022.X- How to add the Change Log viewer like Part Entry to NonConf Entry

We are able to add change log icon in toolbar for forms which don’t have change log enabled. I did it for Non Conformance and worked well- like base change log in part. Thanks to our group per: https://www.epiusers.help/t/change-log-viewer-manual-add/45158.

While converting this functionality in kinetic layer, I start looking at Part- but can’t find change log in details > tools. When we click on change log, it will open up slider panel for change log. I am not able to trap and debug for the vents. I see MetaUI folder on server. No more details for change log.

Appreciated any thoughts/direction to pan for kinetic custom change log. Does anyone has chance to look for this. We should also investigate and plan for adding custom memo icon- like we are able to do in classic.
PS: Changelog/memo and attachments are opened up in slider panels- We can’t see slider panel app or shared one for any of this. It’s like a magic- how they are available at run time.

Thanks in advance for your time to read this and hope some ideas from dynamic group. Thanks.

I’m out of the office until Tuesday, so I can’t get my hands on it. If you don’t hear from someone by then, tag me on this post and I can help you Tuesday.

@hmwillett .That’s great. Let’s plan after lunch time at 1.00 pm Tuesday. I am on CST and will be available on Teams. Thank you very much.

I was researching more today. I figure out the way to enable both Change Log and Memo to non conformance entry. This may hold for other forms too.

In Application Studio, modify landing page and visit the property of it. We had all the options available for change log and memo per image bellow.

When I uncheck the Disable call log checkbox, i am able to see in the preview as per image hereunder.

2 Likes

FYI :

We can turn on memo to any table in Epicor, with some tweaking per KB Article # KB0099817.
https://epiccare.epicor.com/epiccare?id=search&q=KB0099817

1 Like

I found some forms which are not having “Disable Memos” checked but still Memos button is not available. Example: Customer Credit Manager form. On this particular form Call Log, Change Log and Attachments are missing as well. Is this a bug?
This is on: System Version: 11.2.200.14, UX Platform Version: 8.3.32

Probably not. There are a number of forms where those are not enabled/available.
Not sure about the call log, memos, and attachments, but there are a few posts floating around about enabling the change log.

I saw yours, with “manual way” of adding Change Log (via BAQ). This approach for change log is relatively an acceptable amount of work. For Memos where you have to additionally add Save, Update, Delete functionality it’s more time consuming process. That’s why I asked because maybe there is some other way of adding Memos.
BTW do you know where the UI form (slider) for Memos is stored in Epicor server file structure? I am struggling with finding it.

It’s a global slider; you cannot do anything with it as it’s built into the JavaScript file.

You can do anything if you’re brave (stupid) enough…

Yeah, I’ll let you run with that.
That file is gross. Not worth it.

1 Like

Im Fine Nathan Fillion GIF by ABC Network

Nathan Fillion Idk GIF by ABC Network

I did a pretty format on that file once, let’s just say, the pc didn’t like it.

Part related to Memos looks following:

class f extends t.q3p {
constructor(a, d) {
super(d),
this.erpRestService = a
}
getPathParams(a) {
return [a.RelatedToSchemaName, a.RelatedToFile, a.RelatedToSysRowID, a.MemoNum]
}
getDefaultModel() {
return {
objectName: “ErpMemosRestService”,
configKey: eo.serviceConfigKey
}
}
getMemos(a, d, g, S, U = “”, W = “”) {
const ge = (new t.r7O).setWhere(“RelatedToSchemaName”, t.MRg.eq, a).setWhere(“RelatedToFile”, t.MRg.eq, d).setWhere(“Key1”, t.MRg.eq, S).setWhere(“Key2”, t.MRg.eq, U).setWhere(“Key3”, t.MRg.eq, W);
return ge.setWhereCustom(“RelatedToSysRowID eq guid’” + g + “'”),
this.erpRestService.get(Si.Memos, “Memos”, {
query: ge
})
}
updateMemos(a) {
return this.erpRestService.patch(Si.Memos, “Memos”, {
MemoDesc: a.MemoDesc,
MemoText: a.MemoText,
CategoryID: a.CategoryID
}, {
pathParams: this.getPathParams(a)
})
}
deleteMemos(a) {
return this.erpRestService.post(Si.Memos, “DeleteByID”, {
relatedToSchemaName: a.RelatedToSchemaName,
relatedToFile: a.RelatedToFile,
relatedToSysRowID: a.RelatedToSysRowID,
memoNum: a.MemoNum
})
}
saveMemos(a) {
return this.erpRestService.post(Si.Memos, “Memos”, a)
}
getMemoCategories(a, d) {
const g = (new t.r7O).setWhere(“RelatedToSchemaName”, t.MRg.eq, a).setWhere(“RelatedToFile”, t.MRg.eq, d);
return this.erpRestService.get(Si.MemosCat, “MemoCats”, {
query: g
})
}
}

Conclusion is: there is no easy way to add Memos to form where it is not available by default. (as long as someone will find that it is doable)