9.05.702A - UDTable / EpiRetrieverCombo Help

Jose, you forgot a good source... your videos.
I am working in our test system trying to set-up a UD Table to capture additional information about our parts to be used on the sales order line item. This table may have one record per part, or may have multiple records per part; the user would select the correct record on the SO line item.

I have followed the Epicor instructions and set-up the UD01 table with the information and added the EpiRetrieverCombo to the SO line item bound to a UD field and it is working correctly. I would like to be able to modify the combo box in the following 3 ways:

1) The drop-down only displays the "description" field (ud01.character01). I would like the drop-down to display more than one column of data - does anybody know if this is this possible?

2) I would like to filter the drop-down selection results where it only shows the options available based on OrderDtl.PartNum = UD01.Shortchar01Â (so it only shows avail records for the part# being used on the SO) - does anybody know if this is this possible?

3) I would like to be able to right-click on this field on the SO detail screen and be able to bring up the Ud01 maintenance screen. Does anybody know if this is this possible?

Has anybody had success using the user-defined tables in this way or am I just not using the right tool to get the job done?

Thanks~!
Sarah

This is completely possible.  

First you'll want to grab your partnum and use whereClause on the listLookUp function on your UD01 adapter.
Depending on where your UD01 key is use that field to filter only the part you want to see.
Then set your ValueMember, DataSource, DisplayMember and SetColumnFilter on your drop down.

I remember accidentally adding multiple columns to the results but I've never needed to do that.
1) The drop-down only displays the "description" field (ud01.character01). I would like the drop-down to display more than one column of data - does anybody know if this is this possible?
Yes this is possible, just add the additional columns to your Retriever and then un-hide them in code so they'll show up in your drop down

2) I would like to filter the drop-down selection results where it only shows the options available based on OrderDtl.PartNum = UD01.Shortchar01Â (so it only shows avail records for the part# being used on the SO) - does anybody know if this is this possible?
Yes this is possible, your best bet is to do a BeforeDropDown event that filters the result set.

3) I would like to be able to right-click on this field on the SO detail screen and be able to bring up the Ud01 maintenance screen. Does anybody know if this is this possible?
Yes this is possible, though requires customization on the other side, you'll have to add a Process Calling Maintenance Option for the UD table and then on the other side receive the LFO.ValueIn and do a lookup.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 11:18 AM, don.n.doan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>This is completely possible. Â </p><div><br></div><div>First you&#39;ll want to grab your partnum and use whereClause on the listLookUp function on your UD01 adapter.</div><div>Depending on where your UD01 key is use that field to filter only the part you want to see.</div><div>Then set your ValueMember, DataSource, DisplayMember and SetColumnFilter on your drop down.</div><div><br></div><div>I remember accidentally adding multiple columns to the results but I&#39;ve never needed to do that.</div><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

You also may want to check out the UserCodes.
Epicor has made it very easy to have codes that then can be linked to any field in a table through extended properties.
1) Setup the Code Type and Codes under System Setup-->System Mgmt --> UserCodes
2) Find the field in System Setup -->System Mgmt --> Extended Properties
Select the UD Code Type that you created
3) In your customization select the EpiCombo and link it to the field.  No other code is required!

Bruce Larson
bruce@...
Thank you very much Jose and Don for letting me know this is possible and for the tips on how to accomplish it. I am still a novice when it comes to programming in Epicor, all of my experience was in Microsoft Access and these things were so easy there (a lot simpler to accomplish or maybe because I knew that program so much better). I am looking forward to learning how to accomplish these things in Epicor to make the user-defined tables/functionality work better for us -> we have a lot of external Access tables/data linked to Epicor data thru ODBC right now that I am hoping to convert to Epicor UD tables. Wondering if either of you would recommend a good starting class (Epicor or external) to get myself up to speed on some of the basics?Â

Your best bet is EpicWeb and reading all the documentation that Epicor Provides, the ICE Development Guides and the Epicor Programming Guides. Also attending Epicor Insights its a great jump start

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Sarah Vareschi sarah.vareschi@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><div dir="ltr">Thank you very much Jose and Don for letting me know this is possible and for the tips on how to accomplish it.  I am still a novice when it comes to programming in Epicor, all of my experience was in Microsoft Access and these things were so easy there (a lot simpler to accomplish or maybe because I knew that program so much better).  I am looking forward to learning how to accomplish these things in Epicor to make the user-defined tables/functionality work better for us -&gt; we have a lot of external Access tables/data linked to Epicor data thru ODBC right now that I am hoping to convert to Epicor UD tables.  Wondering if either of you would recommend a good starting class (Epicor or external) to get myself up to speed on some of the basics?  <div class="ygrps-yiv-1361080455gmail_extra"><br></div><font color="#000000" face="Times New Roman" size="3">

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>