Access Denied BO.Customer.CreditHold trying to enter new customer

We have a user that is getting a “Access Denied (BO.Customer.CheckCreditHold).” error message.

If we go to the Credit tab and turn off the two credit hold check boxes we still are unalble to save the new customer.

If I login as a “Security Manager” I can add customers no problem.

This seems to be a security issue - I have checked the Menu security for Customers and for the Credit Manager and it looks like those are wide open.

Any ideas appreciated.
DaveO

I just had an issue with service security. Different BO but same behavior. Check to make sure the “allow all” checkbox didn’t get unchecked accidentally.

And looking at your error, I wonder if the specific method was added as security. My error only showed BO.Sales. Not the second part that you have listed.

Mr. Brandon: Thanks for the suggestion - I have never used that security before.

Unfortunately, the checkbox was checked to allow all users.

I unchecked it - saved it - and then checked it again just to make sure. however, same thing my Test user cannot create a new customer.

Thanks again,
DaveO

Did you look on the method tab? Was there a method in there?

Mr. Brandon: Do Methods listed.

DaveO

Olender LLC

Dave Olender

1912 Flandrau Street

Maplewood, MN 55109

Ph: 651-246-3281

dolender@olenderconsulting.com

Did you try the 'ole Epicor standby of deleting the user’s personalizations, clearing cache, and restarting the client?

Mr. Andris: Thank you for the suggestion.

I create a new user called Test - so the profile is clean. Logged in as the Test user I cannot add a customer.

If I give the Test user security manager privilege then that user can add a customer.

DaveO

I would look in process security maintenance for that BO and Method. Security is set on that BO and Method somewhere preventing access. For the method I would check the status of the ‘security manager access only’ checkbox, I would also look at the status of the ‘Allow Access’ tab but I would really look at the ‘Disallow Access’ tab to ensure users or security groups aren’t listed in it. I’ve seen the ‘allow access to all’ be checked for the ‘Allow Access’ tab but then looking at the ‘Disallow Access’ tab it had users and groups in it which overrides the ‘Allow Access’ settings.

2 Likes