One user cannot access sales order information

So somehow I have one user that cannot get sales order tracker or entry to work. When she opens the screen for the first time she get a error that says access denied. Then when the screen does open up, it’s all grayed out, she can’t search or put in a sales order number.

full error text

Application Error

Exception caught in: mscorlib

Error Detail

============

Program: CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary

Method: HandleReturnMessage

Client Stack Trace

==================

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Erp.Contracts.SalesOrderSvcContract.GetUIParams()

at Erp.Proxy.BO.SalesOrderImpl.GetUIParams()

at Erp.Adapters.SalesOrderAdapter.GetUIParams()

I was experimenting with security in our pilot system yesterday, but didn’t mess with production. That one account seems to be the only one affected. I can get into it, another user can get into it fine. I’ve tried clearing the cache, deleting the -808 folder, re-installing epicor on her machine. I can run her personalization as me and it’s fine, I even deleted her personalization.

I looked through the service security and could find anything set, looked through the field security and couldn’t find a problem. Nothing in the groups changed.

I have no idea what else to try. Any ideas?

Here’s another one that shows up when she tries to right click open with for order entry.

(I’m sure it’s something I screwed up, I just can’t figure out what)

Have you actually gone into the Personalization Purge form and searched to see if she has anything out there on the Sales Order Entry form? Just a thought…

I can run her personalization as myself and it works fine. I did delete her personalization from the developer screen, but I’ll try the purge as well.

no go on the purge

1 Like

If you temporarily make her a Security Manager can she open it? Just curious.

1 Like

do I have to have the user log out and back in to get that to take affect?

Yes

Yes, I believe so.

ok, so that worked. Now I’m going to see what happens if I turn that off.

So if I turn on security manager, it works, If I turn it off, it doesn’t. So getting somewhere.

1 Like

So it is a security issue then. @Rich @Bart_Elia isn’t there a security server trace flag?

Can I query the security to see if that user is locked out anywhere?

What did you change in security yesterday? I’m guessing that’s where it broke. Maybe you weren’t in pilot as you suspected.

Yeah, that’s my guess. But I can’t find anything changed. I was looking in service security, but didn’t change anything in production. I’m looking through where the changes would be, and there isn’t anything applied.

the only field security I have set up is on a UD table. I can query Ice.SecColumn to see that.

This type of Security is generally handled on the Client with Data retrieved and cached from the Server. It sounds like you are getting the Message and then the form opens anyway? That type of behavior indicates you have Security setup on the BO Methods or on the Data Table or Key Fields.

It opens, but then is all greyed out, so the user can’t do anything. If I right click on an order number from a job tracker screen, it immediately comes up with the error message (and doesn’t open the screen)

That is where I am looking, but I cannot see anything that would be blocking this user.

Is this something where a recycle could help?

Also, this happens both on the users computer and my computer.

Yup - should not be system specific.
Recycle could help - Security Settings are cached in AppServer Memory.

2 Likes