Adapters Blank Title 56862

On the Salvaged Material Receipts screen, I'm trying to pull information from the PartLot table based on the PartTran.Character01 field. In the PartTran.Character01 field, the user will enter in a LotNum and I need to pull information from the PartLot table based on the PartLot.LotNum.

I have not had success at setting up a custom view (could not figure out how to link PartTran.Character01 to PartLot.LotNum). When I base the new view on PartTran, it sets the View Type to Foreign Key View and is disabled. If I could set this to subtable, then I could set up link between the tables.

I've tried custom code using the PartAdapter, but I cannot use the GetData, because I don't know the partnumber (all I know is the LotNum). I also tried the LaunchSearch and setting the SearchOptions.PreLoadSearchFilter to LotNum = 'lotnumber123'. This did not return any records, even when the lotnumber123 exists, I'm guessing it didn't work because the filter must be a field in Part table.

Any suggestions/ideas on how to pull this information from this form would be greatly appreciated.
Where do you locate which table an adapter searches? For example, I
have the OpMasterAdapter and it's looking for a table
called "OpMasterList," but I can't find this table anywhere? Maybe
it's a temporary table?

Thanks,

--SF