Adding a button to launch a BAQ Report

Hi all,
I was trying to get a button to open with information loaded from the calling form and when I started getting into it I realized it was way above my head and I should start by figuring out how to just call the form from a button. Using the event wizard I created the code below but nothing happens when I click on the button. The menu for the report is correct and I can open it with the context menu. I have no idea where I’m going wrong. Thanks

private void epiButtonC1_MouseClick(object sender, system.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs args)
{
// ** Place Event Handling Code Here **

ProcessCaller.LaunchForm(oTrans, “UDDMR”);
}

Don’t have my code handy but look at launch form options on this forum. I think that’s how you would pass the parameters into the form you’re launching. If you’re trying to invoke the report it’s a different call, which I think I’ve also seen on this forum

You sure that event is firing? If you just copied the code from the wizard and didnt use the “UPDATE” button, it wont work.

Put this in there to test:

MessageBox.Show(“I work”);

I swear I used UPDATE but as soon as I added the box and chose UPDATE it worked. Thanks

1 Like

I got it to work in my Test system and am trying to do it in the live system. I added the same line via the wizard and clicked on Update. It shows the new code in the Script Editor so I am assuming it updated. Nothing happens when I click on the button. Any ideas?

Does that form you’re trying to launch exist in your new environment?
Also, your quotations around “I Work” look off. Re-write that with your keyboard instead of cut/paste…