Advanced Print Management

When it comes to Epicor support we should have no problems with naming names as long as it is in a positive note….

We have issues with naming consultants only!



M. Manasa Reddy (Group Moderator)
manasa.reddy@...
[d] 281-994-3483
[c] 773-401-4126

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:57 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Advanced Print Management



There are a couple of people in Epicor Support who are wizards at this... Karen McCullah and Skip Murphy (can I name names here?)... between the two of them they can get you up and running pretty quickly.



If you call either one tell them Ernie in Connecticut says hi.



Ernie Lowell

Diba Industries



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We are currently on Vantage 5.2 and use the Multiform product from Caser
Development (Mark Charamut) that we purchased used ago which allows use
to email Vantage forms directly from Vantage. It has worked quite well
for us over the years and now that we are planning on moving to Vantage
8.3 at the new year I'm trying to figure out how we will replace that
tool to accomplish this. Epicor now has the Advanced Print Management
module which I know will accomplish this but is very expensive and may
be somewhat overkill. Is anyone using this product or any other product
with Vantage 8 to email forms (i.e. quotes, sales order acknowledgments)
directly from Vantage?


Tim Goertz




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Tim,



My experience with it is in the infant stages. I've set it up for one
customer as of now and read through most of the documentation. I can say
that it does work, and automate a lot of the processes (quotes, orders,
etc.). It does however, have a steep learning curve so be ready. If
you've used something like this in the past, then you will probably pick
up on it easily.



Is it worth the money? Well that depends on what your expectations are.
You could easily print everything to a PDF/TIFF file and email it
yourself, but APM (aka, doc-link) has built in functionality to be able
to store printed documents in a nice concise manner so you can search
and retrieve, mark up, annotate and fax and/or email to clients,
vendors, customers and internal departments - thus keeping track of
notes and if a salesperson promised a customer something on an order,
you could easily track that. If you are looking for something that will
just automate printing something to a file and send via email/fax there
are much more cost-effective solutions out there.



I can also say that Altec support is very good. We have had a couple of
issues with getting the doc-link client installed on workstations. Altec
called me back and helped figure out the problem. They stayed with me on
the line while we worked through the issues.



One limitation I've found so far is that the automated emails come from
one address only - according to Altec, their developers are working on
the ability to customize the from address in a future release - so, for
example, if you have 20 sales people ALL automated quotes that are
emailed come from one address - period!! Same thing for invoices, PO,
SOAs, etc. However, a work around is to have the document captured into
doc-link and use the doc-link client to open and email it (yes, a manual
process) - the doc-link client has icons for faxing, emailing, saving in
the program and will easily allow you send via your email (with your
email address).



Hopefully, this is helpful information.



If you would like to talk offline, call me and I'll be glad to share
more thoughts on this.



Thanks,



Jason Claggett

Microsoft Small Business Specialist

MCP #3856159

2W Technologies, LLC

317.578.2393

jason@...

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Tim Goertz
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:07 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Advanced Print Management



We are currently on Vantage 5.2 and use the Multiform product from Caser
Development (Mark Charamut) that we purchased used ago which allows use
to email Vantage forms directly from Vantage. It has worked quite well
for us over the years and now that we are planning on moving to Vantage
8.3 at the new year I'm trying to figure out how we will replace that
tool to accomplish this. Epicor now has the Advanced Print Management
module which I know will accomplish this but is very expensive and may
be somewhat overkill. Is anyone using this product or any other product
with Vantage 8 to email forms (i.e. quotes, sales order acknowledgments)
directly from Vantage?


Tim Goertz

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We have gone live about 5 weeks ago with our business front end and
are using APM for quotes now and all business forms in the future.
APM is OK, however, with current version you are working at the
quality if the B&W printer driver – not sure if color is a factor for you.
It does not have a loopback/feedback system to the user, so you send a
printout to APM and hope all is OK
All together it work


--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Goertz" <tim.goertz@...> wrote:
>
> We are currently on Vantage 5.2 and use the Multiform product from Caser
> Development (Mark Charamut) that we purchased used ago which allows use
> to email Vantage forms directly from Vantage. It has worked quite well
> for us over the years and now that we are planning on moving to Vantage
> 8.3 at the new year I'm trying to figure out how we will replace that
> tool to accomplish this. Epicor now has the Advanced Print Management
> module which I know will accomplish this but is very expensive and may
> be somewhat overkill. Is anyone using this product or any other product
> with Vantage 8 to email forms (i.e. quotes, sales order acknowledgments)
> directly from Vantage?
>
>
> Tim Goertz
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
You could get a feedback to the user if required.

We did this for failed Faxes - basically you write a trigger on the
logging table to alert the user.....

but it is not built it functionality.



From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of mseal
Sent: 02 August 2007 23:21
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Advanced Print Management



We have gone live about 5 weeks ago with our business front end and
are using APM for quotes now and all business forms in the future.
APM is OK, however, with current version you are working at the
quality if the B&W printer driver - not sure if color is a factor for
you.
It does not have a loopback/feedback system to the user, so you send a
printout to APM and hope all is OK
All together it work

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , "Tim
Goertz" <tim.goertz@...> wrote:
>
> We are currently on Vantage 5.2 and use the Multiform product from
Caser
> Development (Mark Charamut) that we purchased used ago which allows
use
> to email Vantage forms directly from Vantage. It has worked quite well
> for us over the years and now that we are planning on moving to
Vantage
> 8.3 at the new year I'm trying to figure out how we will replace that
> tool to accomplish this. Epicor now has the Advanced Print Management
> module which I know will accomplish this but is very expensive and may
> be somewhat overkill. Is anyone using this product or any other
product
> with Vantage 8 to email forms (i.e. quotes, sales order
acknowledgments)
> directly from Vantage?
>
>
> Tim Goertz
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Thanks for the suggestion – can you elaborate?
Is there anywhere in the SQL table notification of failed transmission?
If so – what is the table name

Thanks

Motty


--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Edginton" <stephene@...> wrote:
>
> You could get a feedback to the user if required.
>
> We did this for failed Faxes - basically you write a trigger on the
> logging table to alert the user.....
>
> but it is not built it functionality.
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
> Of mseal
> Sent: 02 August 2007 23:21
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Advanced Print Management
>
>
>
> We have gone live about 5 weeks ago with our business front end and
> are using APM for quotes now and all business forms in the future.
> APM is OK, however, with current version you are working at the
> quality if the B&W printer driver - not sure if color is a factor for
> you.
> It does not have a loopback/feedback system to the user, so you send a
> printout to APM and hope all is OK
> All together it work
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , "Tim
> Goertz" <tim.goertz@> wrote:
> >
> > We are currently on Vantage 5.2 and use the Multiform product from
> Caser
> > Development (Mark Charamut) that we purchased used ago which allows
> use
> > to email Vantage forms directly from Vantage. It has worked quite well
> > for us over the years and now that we are planning on moving to
> Vantage
> > 8.3 at the new year I'm trying to figure out how we will replace that
> > tool to accomplish this. Epicor now has the Advanced Print Management
> > module which I know will accomplish this but is very expensive and may
> > be somewhat overkill. Is anyone using this product or any other
> product
> > with Vantage 8 to email forms (i.e. quotes, sales order
> acknowledgments)
> > directly from Vantage?
> >
> >
> > Tim Goertz
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Anyone willing to share their opinions on the Advanced Print
Management module for Vantage 8.03? Is it beneficial, easy to use,
logical, error prone, etc., etc.

We have been live since Aug 2007 and are being to look at our phase 2
plans.

Thanks for your comments.
I suppose that would depend upon what your plans are for it. We have
not fully implemented it as of yet but we are planning on using it to
auto email and/or fax Invoices, Statements, Order Acknowledgements,
Purchase Orders, etc. It seems to do those quite well except that it
does not give the flexibility I would like to have in formatting the
faxes/emails. It also only provides the ability to send emails from one
specified user, e.g. a Purchase Order cannot be emailed from the buyer.
I see this as a issue because most people will automatically reply to an
email based on who sent it. This wouldn't be so bad if I could at least
have the emails sent from someone different for each department, but
even that is not possible. Consequently, we have to provide many people
access to the APM email account and they are able to view documents
unrelated to their job function. If we were attempting to send
sensitive or confidential documents this would be a real problem.



The other issue that you should be aware of is that I cannot get the ERM
capture to work when printing from Windows Vista, i.e. I only get a
blank document. This is not a big issue for us at the moment because I
am the only one using Vista.



I have heard there are issues with multiple page documents. I have not
encountered this problem as of yet.



If you have performed a lot of customization of your forms it may take
some time to set up the ERM properly. It can get tricky to find the
right method to specify certain data on the forms. Individual fields
are not really a problem but if you are attempting to capture repetitive
line data such as part numbers it can be a real challenge.



I have not really encountered any "bugs" in the system, i.e. I don't
have crashes, etc. I would definitely take the time to define what you
would like the system to do and then talk to someone "in the know" that
can provide you with a little insight. Maybe you can cut down on the
number of unexpected surprises.



Hope that helps a little.



From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of vandertop26
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:55 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Advanced Print Management



Anyone willing to share their opinions on the Advanced Print
Management module for Vantage 8.03? Is it beneficial, easy to use,
logical, error prone, etc., etc.

We have been live since Aug 2007 and are being to look at our phase 2
plans.

Thanks for your comments.



Charles Carden
Manager, MIS
Manitex, Inc.
Phone: 512-942-3086
Fax: 512-942-3089


DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to
which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We have been running APM since September 2007 and it works very
well. We send over 100 invoices per day spread over 3 -4 invoicing
groups. We also send order acknowledgements (20 per day) and some
POs. even though we heavily customized our forms I thought the
document setup was pretty easy.

The system works great and has substantially reduced our paperwork
handling.

They recommend loading APM on its own server. We have it on the same
server we run Terminal Services on and it works fine.

We did customizing on the Customer Master to allow us to set a
different method (email or fax) for each document type (quote,
acknowledgement, packer, invoice, statement).

A few pointers on the APM side:
If you run MS Fax – MS Fax and the Fax device must be on the machine
that runs APM.
If you run MS Fax - The default TIF viewer on the machine running APM
must be Windows Picture Viewer.
Invoice/Credit memo – mixed document type – review ERM settings so it
looks at every page to verify document type. In my opinion this is a
mistake by Epicor in the creation of the document type in APM.

A few pointers on the APM/Crystal side:
Have the same person design the Crystal Reports and the APM document
type layout.
On the Crystal form do not crowd fields and watch for fields that can
grow.
You have to be careful of shaded areas – APM turns them black if you
use a low resolution to keep the file size small. Most Epicor foroms
have a gray box around them – I deleted it in our forms.
You can set the font to white in crystal so the it does not print on
the form – but keep the font black until you have ALL the trouble
shooting done.

You can contact me off line if you would like additional information.



--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "vandertop26" <josh_vtop@...> wrote:
>
> Anyone willing to share their opinions on the Advanced Print
> Management module for Vantage 8.03? Is it beneficial, easy to use,
> logical, error prone, etc., etc.
>
> We have been live since Aug 2007 and are being to look at our phase
2
> plans.
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>
Anyone using Advanced Print Management? I am in the testing phase of
launching APM. I am finding that the PDF files sent in the emails are
created with a page size of 33" x 44", requiring the end user to
set "fit to page" when printing on letter sized paper. Epicor tech
support suggests using tif files, however, as we have a large
engineering department, we have had bad experiences sending tif files
to customers.

Anyone have a success story or pitsfalls to watch out for?

Thank you,
Bryan DeRuvo
We have been using TIF for our ACH advices from APM for about a year
now. No problems to speak of.

vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bderuvo" <bderuvo@...> wrote:
>
> Anyone using Advanced Print Management? I am in the testing phase of
> launching APM. I am finding that the PDF files sent in the emails
are
> created with a page size of 33" x 44", requiring the end user to
> set "fit to page" when printing on letter sized paper. Epicor tech
> support suggests using tif files, however, as we have a large
> engineering department, we have had bad experiences sending tif
files
> to customers.
>
> Anyone have a success story or pitsfalls to watch out for?
>
> Thank you,
> Bryan DeRuvo
>
We use APM and the PDF files that are generated are for 8 1/2" x 11" paper. I would look at your setup for the ERM printer to make sure everything is correct. Ours uses HP laserJet 5 emulation with Letter paper and WinPrint NT EMF 1.008 as the print processor.

----- Original Message -----
From: bderuvo
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:03 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Advanced Print Management


Anyone using Advanced Print Management? I am in the testing phase of
launching APM. I am finding that the PDF files sent in the emails are
created with a page size of 33" x 44", requiring the end user to
set "fit to page" when printing on letter sized paper. Epicor tech
support suggests using tif files, however, as we have a large
engineering department, we have had bad experiences sending tif files
to customers.

Anyone have a success story or pitsfalls to watch out for?

Thank you,
Bryan DeRuvo




Charles Carden
IT Manager
Manitex, Inc.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
There is a hotfix available from Altec. Ask for "2008-484 -- Hot Fix
for PDF with large document dimensions". It is very easy to install.
Dave

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Carden" <shadowcar1449@...>
wrote:
>
> We use APM and the PDF files that are generated are for 8 1/2" x
11" paper. I would look at your setup for the ERM printer to make
sure everything is correct. Ours uses HP laserJet 5 emulation with
Letter paper and WinPrint NT EMF 1.008 as the print processor.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: bderuvo
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:03 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] Advanced Print Management
>
>
> Anyone using Advanced Print Management? I am in the testing phase
of
> launching APM. I am finding that the PDF files sent in the emails
are
> created with a page size of 33" x 44", requiring the end user to
> set "fit to page" when printing on letter sized paper. Epicor
tech
> support suggests using tif files, however, as we have a large
> engineering department, we have had bad experiences sending tif
files
> to customers.
>
> Anyone have a success story or pitsfalls to watch out for?
>
> Thank you,
> Bryan DeRuvo
>
>
>
>
> Charles Carden
> IT Manager
> Manitex, Inc.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Directly from Altec or though Vantage Support for APM?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "leannah" <dave.leannah@...> wrote:
>
> There is a hotfix available from Altec. Ask for "2008-484 -- Hot
Fix
> for PDF with large document dimensions". It is very easy to
install.
> Dave
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Carden" <shadowcar1449@>
> wrote:
> >
> > We use APM and the PDF files that are generated are for 8 1/2" x
> 11" paper. I would look at your setup for the ERM printer to make
> sure everything is correct. Ours uses HP laserJet 5 emulation with
> Letter paper and WinPrint NT EMF 1.008 as the print processor.
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: bderuvo
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:03 PM
> > Subject: [Vantage] Advanced Print Management
> >
> >
> > Anyone using Advanced Print Management? I am in the testing
phase
> of
> > launching APM. I am finding that the PDF files sent in the
emails
> are
> > created with a page size of 33" x 44", requiring the end user
to
> > set "fit to page" when printing on letter sized paper. Epicor
> tech
> > support suggests using tif files, however, as we have a large
> > engineering department, we have had bad experiences sending tif
> files
> > to customers.
> >
> > Anyone have a success story or pitsfalls to watch out for?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Bryan DeRuvo
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Charles Carden
> > IT Manager
> > Manitex, Inc.
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
We have used APM for about 1 year and it has been very successful. We
send about 100 invoices/day. Half emailed as TIFs (no issues) and half
faxed using MS Fax on Server 2003. I would be happy to share more
details offline if you would like. Contact me at molbrantz@swiss-
tekcoatings.com.

-- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bderuvo" <bderuvo@...> wrote:
>
> Anyone using Advanced Print Management? I am in the testing phase of
> launching APM. I am finding that the PDF files sent in the emails are
> created with a page size of 33" x 44", requiring the end user to
> set "fit to page" when printing on letter sized paper. Epicor tech
> support suggests using tif files, however, as we have a large
> engineering department, we have had bad experiences sending tif files
> to customers.
>
> Anyone have a success story or pitsfalls to watch out for?
>
> Thank you,
> Bryan DeRuvo
>
We are new to APM too and want to auto-send SO Acknowledgements to customers and POs to suppliers in a PDF format, but don't have a clue where or how to begin the setup. Anyone have any links to setup docs that would help?

Thanks,
Ed
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of marko9280
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 7:13 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Advanced Print Management


We have used APM for about 1 year and it has been very successful. We
send about 100 invoices/day. Half emailed as TIFs (no issues) and half
faxed using MS Fax on Server 2003. I would be happy to share more
details offline if you would like. Contact me at molbrantz@swiss-
tekcoatings.com.

-- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "bderuvo" <bderuvo@...> wrote:
>
> Anyone using Advanced Print Management? I am in the testing phase of
> launching APM. I am finding that the PDF files sent in the emails are
> created with a page size of 33" x 44", requiring the end user to
> set "fit to page" when printing on letter sized paper. Epicor tech
> support suggests using tif files, however, as we have a large
> engineering department, we have had bad experiences sending tif files
> to customers.
>
> Anyone have a success story or pitsfalls to watch out for?
>
> Thank you,
> Bryan DeRuvo
>


________________________________
The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.
We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Look on your APM cds there are admin and install guides. I used that
to get everything going here.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Ed Garbowski <egarbowski@...> wrote:
>
> We are new to APM too and want to auto-send SO Acknowledgements to
customers and POs to suppliers in a PDF format, but don't have a
clue where or how to begin the setup. Anyone have any links to setup
docs that would help?
>
> Thanks,
> Ed
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of marko9280
> Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 7:13 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Advanced Print Management
>
>
> We have used APM for about 1 year and it has been very successful.
We
> send about 100 invoices/day. Half emailed as TIFs (no issues) and
half
> faxed using MS Fax on Server 2003. I would be happy to share more
> details offline if you would like. Contact me at molbrantz@swiss-
> tekcoatings.com.
>
> -- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%
40yahoogroups.com>, "bderuvo" <bderuvo@> wrote:
> >
> > Anyone using Advanced Print Management? I am in the testing
phase of
> > launching APM. I am finding that the PDF files sent in the
emails are
> > created with a page size of 33" x 44", requiring the end user to
> > set "fit to page" when printing on letter sized paper. Epicor
tech
> > support suggests using tif files, however, as we have a large
> > engineering department, we have had bad experiences sending tif
files
> > to customers.
> >
> > Anyone have a success story or pitsfalls to watch out for?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Bryan DeRuvo
> >
>
>
> ________________________________
> The information contained in this message is intended solely for
the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed.
This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action
in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly
prohibited.
> We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting
software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus
checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability
for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.
>
> This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
> the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
> may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
> privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
> communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
> (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
> immediately if this is an electronic communication.
>
> Thank you.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
We own Advanced Print Management (&Plus) but don't have it setup.
Is this something people have done on their own OR do you really need a consultant to help.
We have the install guide. Any thoughts?


We are currently doing this on our “own”. We were able to install (with a little help from tech support).

For training we will have a consultant come in….



M. Manasa Reddy
manasa.reddy@...
[d] 281-994-3483
[c] 773-401-4126

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 2:58 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Advanced Print Management



We own Advanced Print Management (&Plus) but don't have it setup.
Is this something people have done on their own OR do you really need a consultant to help.
We have the install guide. Any thoughts?





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

It has been several years since we set this up, but I believe we had remote help and training to configure and setup.


Brad Boes

Metalworks