Ancora (IDC) can't split and index off of a barcode fixed to the document you wish to file away?

It was my path of least resistance. If I owned the barcode module I would have tried printing a barcode on the inventory movement report to split. But even with that you have the vendor paperwork that has to be stacked in line anyway. Do you want a copy of my copy of Mike’s workflow?

Greg, thank you for the offer. We are on the older version of the software since we are still on 10.2.500. I don’t know if your (Mike’s) workflow will work on our version.

I don’t think the version matters unless he’s using a new command/task element that isn’t in your version.

Right that’s what I am saying, not sure if he is or isn’t.

I updated it in 17.x and I have not updated it since going to 21.

1 Like

Is it possible to get a copy of this workflow?

We’re finally working on getting receiving docs scanned and attached in Epicor. Due to time, we’ll probably start down the manual drag and drop path, but I would very much like to automate these attachments as quickly as possible.

I’m sure I’ll find out soon enough, but I saw the question asked earlier in this thread with no response. Will the ECM OCR scan the document for the key value (ie Pack Slip), or will I need to set active zones? The issue here is the different formats of packing slips that we get from our suppliers. I know that the AP Automation IDC process does this dynamically, but it would be great to not need the expense of that in this process if we can avoid it.

Thanks all!

Our current process with this workflow is to scan with the HP blank separator page into a folder and that process makes individual pdf files. I have an ECM batch import with the content type of the workflow that kicks off the import. I set a zone for my PO Number which I print in a large block font on the Inventory Movement report that is 100%, I have another zone for the packslip that gets 90% done with no intervention, but on 150-200 packslips a day that saves a lot of time. It takes about an hour to process and the person doing cleanup checks after a couple of hours and is usually finished in 15 minutes.

Credit and beers for this workflow go to @MikeGross since it is still basically what he gave me to start this process. I do plan in my spare time to make it fancy like @utaylor’s that he demoed at Insights which will allow us to scan one large file and the wf will separate on the barcode.

Export PS PackslipImport.zip (75.1 KB)

2 Likes

This is a great starting point, thank you! I may have to bribe @utaylor to get what they presented…

1 Like

Sorry for necroposting… but I am along the same path here. We are taking the printed out pack slips (for customer shipments) then they have the trucker sign it, and they scan it back in and attach it. (why… don’t ask me… I’m sure there’s a story behind this dumb practice). But I digress…

I see there is talk about a barcode license in ECM, and now I have questions. If I’m trying to set up a workflow to read the barcode, and use that value to lookup the sysrowID in order to re-title and attach the file to the appropriate pack slip.

I made this.

S

But it seems to just wait at this step and not progress.

Looking at the client, I see this, which leads me to believe that we don’t have the license? (the other 0’s with checkbox make me question my reality, which is why I’m asking here)

But it seems like splitting on barcode my work fine, just not reading the value. Is this a nickel and dime scheme?

Barcode works using the ECM Client. We usually run one instance of that client on the ECM server, and issue it the Barcode, OCR and Office licenses so it can do the work locally.

You need to have a 1D license avail to issue. If you’ve issued it to another ECM client, you can go to that client and ‘give it back’.

For testing, you can just start it up and once the ECM Dist Queue manager sees it, it should offload the barcode processing to it.

Yeah, we have the client running (that’s where I got the screenshot from). That’s the only place we have it running. Looks like we don’t have that licensing.

Guess I’ll be going the IDC route to feed into ECM.

Pretty sure that 1D barcode license is cheap… should look into it at least…

1 Like

figured as much, but sometimes assuming is a bad thing…

If you have the barcode module in ECM, this will work. We just did this for one of our customers.

1 Like

Eventually, we got support to force the release of a stuck license (I still have no idea what machine was holding it) and then I could assign it. But by the time they did that, I had IDC all wired up to do the splitting and then send it into ECM automatically. Maybe I’ll revisit in the future, but what I have right now works.

2 Likes

Hey @utaylor , as I was going back to the original post, I realized I’m doing exactly what you were trying to do with IDC from the beginning, but with shipping documents. We added QRcode to our pack slips, and then I was able to get IDC to split them on barcode change. Maybe it’s a new version since you tried before? But I didn’t have any trouble with it, and I’m worried that I’m missing something here.

1 Like

The reason I didn’t use IDC to split documents was because they charge per document.

For what I was trying to do it didn’t make sense to use IDC to do that.

Additionally, I didn’t need to read anything else on the forms… I was just trying to split and scan a barcode that held all the info I needed to do indexing and attaching in ECM/Kinetic. Both of those things are possible to do in ECM using their 1D or 2D barcode license which is a fixed fee of like $1,500 bucks a license.

Hey @Banderson quit spending our money! Chop chop! be more like Utah! :joy::joy::joy:

Geez… @utaylor you think I should discount from his salary all these extra documents? :thinking: He’s just over there making it rain :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@utaylor I am sure @josecgomez has the 2 billion document plan :slight_smile: so it is no biggie, but for mere mortals like me I spent the $500 to get the 1D ECM barcode module.

1 Like

yooo hahaha @josecgomez

Tyler Labine Penny GIF by HULU