Any suggestions on how to filter a dynamic report?

Mr. Calvin: No the Prompt on the main sheet stays blank.

DaveO

It sounds like the prompt isn’t really necessary - except maybe as a work-around for typing a Criteria Mapping to a Criteria Filter.

Mr. Calvin: Yes I would agree – however, the prompt was the only place I found to tie the added filter parameter to the BAQ Prompt. Unless I am missing a step somewhere.

DaveO

1 Like

Any thoughts on how you would filter on a BAQ field that does not have an adapter. Like a UD field?

Mr. Simon: I must confess i have not tried that yet. Have you tried manually entering in the adapter name for the filter?

DaveO

1 Like

Hi Hally,

In Epicor’s RDD, prompt means just one field (textbox, checkbox, dropdown, etc.) while filter means a list where you can select multiple records. Filters are linked to adapters which are called automatically by Epicor to get the data.

You first define these as parameters in your BAQ and set the necessary conditions:

Then, in the RDD add your BAQ as datasource and create a report criteria set.

For parameters, you need to use the Criteria Mappings to create the links:

For filters, you create a new criteria filter and then set the Filter field accordingly (the rest will auto-populate):

Finally, for the filter, set the Control Type to Filter and set the Control Name to the one you previously created (you may need to reload the RDD form in Epicor before this step):

To filter for an UD field, I would use a prompt. If you have static pre-defined values, you can add them when you set up the BAQ params. You can even use the User Codes for this:

For dynamic values, I would use a customization on the printing form to get the values and then populate the dropdown or grid.

Dragos

1 Like

Tried entering in the adapter manually on testing it threw errors. I’ll document my example more clearly so you can see what I’m doing, I did try this on a BAQ report and got the same result.

It’s for dynamic values which so that appears to be the route. Something that should not be so complicated just did. :frowning:

@DaveOlender
So it appears that if you enter in the the field into the filter the filter is not recognized, you get an error on previewing the submission form, and in actual fact if you just enter in any nonsense in there you get the same error.