Anyone else get 35 EpicCare emails yesterday?

@timshuwy is there a document on what the PRB statuses mean?

You might contact support for that. they may have an answerbook. PRBs are owned by Support.
Typical path (under current procedures):

1. you call in a case describing a problem.
  2. Support diagnoses it and replicates it.
  3. PRB is created to be sent to Development
  4. Development either ACCEPTS the PRB, or REJECTS the PRB… for multiple reasons…
  • problem already fixed in future release
  • this should be reported as an enhancement since this is outside of the original design
  • Problem is replicated, and will be fixed in a future release.

You always have the right to REQUEST that any fix be patched back to the current release. This will not always be done, as there are sometimes strong complications that prohibit retro fixes. Case in point: We had a customer ask for a retro fix to something that would require a change to the current Schema… We normally will not change the schema in a release other than the future releases.

1 Like

It’s like playing the lottery. If you report the bug it probably won’t get fixed but if nobody reports it, it DEFINITELY will not be fixed. That’s my theory anyway.

2 Likes

OK, we tracked this down. There was an internal change in status codes to clean up some data. This requied a sweeping change on the code. Normally for maintenance things like this, we turn off notifications since there was not really a true change in status, but a cleanup. BUT in this case, the notificaitons were left on.
So, at the end of the day, there was no material change in status, but everyone was informed via email that something changed to something else equivelent.
Sorry for the alarm.

Aww, wasn’t so much alarm has hopeful that the issues were getting reviewed for possible fix. I hope that the list gets reviewed at least yearly to see if some can be pulled into the next release.

they are actually continually being reviewed. We have a sustaining team who reviews them. If/When we have extra time between new development (like we do right now) we apply the team members who are normally developing new content to the sustaining team to help clear out some of the backlog.

1 Like

And wasn’t that change in Jira? Indicating Dev, rather than Support owned the change?

Yes, I still have E-DNA. LOL.

I got 0, so I can’t play. :frowning: Somewhere in the bit bucket are mine addressed to a defunct email.

yours might have all been unchanged (they all had the correct status value).

1 Like

I decided to behave for once.

1 Like