Anyone else have CPQ?

Anyone else here have CPQ (KBMax)? It’d be great if there was a user forum for it. Seemed so simple at the Insights demo, but here I am! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m hoping to purchase it before year end. Maybe the site admins can create it as a Category here like ECM.

2 Likes

John, I was thinking the same thing, but if it’s only the two of us, probably not worth creating a separate category yet for a few topics. Once we get critical mass… On the other hand, I’ll see if I can get some real info from Epicor on how many folks have it, and we can ask them to send out an email sharing our forum. Maybe we can make this become THE place for CPQ help! Epicor/CPQ/KBMax has their wiki and user guides, but nothing for helping with snap code.

EpiCare support isn’t up to speed yet on how to help figure out why something in the rules isn’t working. I’m sure it’s me and something simple (dumb), but it stinks to have to go to professional services every time to get un-stuck. They are good at getting the basics working (Epicor talking to CPQ, etc)…

We are looking at the tool as well. For our online tools and configurator project we currently have tacton that we received from an acquisition.

Field of Dreams 30 day movie challenge GIF

1 Like

Epicor mentions they currently have 50 customers with CPQ projects in the works, and 2 live. I asked if they could facilitate a virtual users group in December, but was told it’s unlikely.

The current training offerings, documentation, and ELC courses are geared only to siloed CPQ, without any Epicor integration. We’re looking into seeing how professional services can help as well, but it’s frustrating that nothing exists outside of hiring consultants to help with the Epicor side of the integration.

This thread is already the first google result when searching for ‘Kinetic CPQ forum’.
Hopefully some of the other 51 customers will chime in here too. Then we can get a community going and help each other out!

2 Likes

We’re one of the 50 but our project is progressing slowly because we have some other major higher priorities and we ran into a bit of a showstopper – turns out you can’t use Document Rules until you’re on Kinetic 2023.1 or greater (we’re on 2022.2). So we’re doing what we can in the meantime but likely won’t go live with much until after our next Kinetic upgrade. @doug.harvey is leading up the project for us and I’m sure he’d appreciate more CPQ activity on EpiUsers!

On that note… how about a separate EpiUsers Category for CPQ? @josecgomez @bderuvo @jgiese.wci ? If we have a whole category for DocStar it seems like CPQ deserves one too…

2 Likes

Ok wow, that doesn’t scream mature and ready… We’re considering it, and Salesforce CPQ, and others

The other thing we are waiting for is multiple lines. CPQ cannot configure sales kits and we have some large configurable sales kits. The work around will be the ability to write multiple regulars sales lines. We were told that it was a customization at Insights but that it would be included in the base product in the Fall. We have not yet seen it.

There will be some nice advantages to CPQ from what I have seen. Because it handles nested sub configurators so well, I’m putting as little “brains” into the top-level configurator as I can. Then the sub configurators can be used in many configurators and a single change will update everything. I’m also excited about the ability to buildup complex MOM’s in an array. It should eliminate all the complexity of the old Method Rules.

All that being said, we’re still early on. I have not touch 3D scenes yet. My plan is to convert all our configurators then start to add the scenes to deploy to the website.

1 Like

Tom & Doug,

Happy to hear that you guys are on the way as well. We’re on 2022.2 right now, planning on upgrading to 2023.1 in February. We spun up a 2023.1 test environment last week, if you need me to try something.

We don’t have plans to use the 3D scenes any time soon - Phase 1 is focused on getting the configurators and sub configurators working with Epicor.

Right now the manufacturing rule I made (copied the CPQ User Guide steps) isn’t changing the BOM in the Kinetic Quote Entry - Engineering tab - I’ll make a separate post on that, if you’ve blazed the trail before me and have ideas… Support couldn’t help, and said I need to work with professional services.

1 Like

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

We have CPQ and are live on it. Happy to help answer questions if I can.

Andris,
I’m happy to show you what I’ve learned. If you want to drop me an email we can set up a call. (doug.harvey@rosebrand.com) For most configurators, I am not planning to engineer them at all. The MOM will be created by the configurator. I do have some parts that have not yet been configured where there are only modest changes in configurations. For those I expect to adjust existing engineering.

We are one of the 50 in progress as well. My assistant is rocking it so far from training and copying what their consultants have done so far. Our product offerings are all very customized so we will rely very heavily on CPQ.
My assistant and I do some custom programming, so our background is hopefully helpful as we build out our CPQ’s.
I would love a community of others inthe same boat though. I bet we could learn a lot from each other.

1 Like