Anyone using Web Conferencing?

I use a Pylepro 2x40W amplifier and a couple of 8" speakers I installed in our drop ceiling for presentations and training in our large conference room for up to 90 people, no complaints. I also have a Axis 207MW megapixel network camera that I really like. It has a wide angle lens and works well in low light. It connects to the network either though ethernet cable or wireless and comes with some nice software. I never used these in combination for a web conference, but I suspect they would work well for that. As far as mikes go, we never use them. We have a couple of those star shaped conference phones for small conference calls, but nothing set up for a large conference call and I don't have remote conference attendees.

So, I recommend the Axis 207MW megapixel network camera, but I can't make a recommendation on sound for your remote attendees. I can tell you, if you install flush mounted speakers in your drop ceiling, make sure you use sound absorbing material above them to prevent the sound from traveling all across your office through the ceiling crawl space.

Sent: Thu, December 17, 2009 3:44:33 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Anyone using Web Conferencing?

Â
About 6 months ago I setup our conference and large training room for audio/video/ web conferencing.

There aren't any complaints about the conference room, however we keep experiencing issues with our training room. This is due to the large size of the room.

We are using a Logitech Orbital webcam and a Polycom Soundstation with extended mics. We are also using Adobe connect for our outside sales people to video and conference in. The webcam is not suited for large rooms with 15 or so meeting attendees. Also, It's hard for the remote conference attendees to hear the speakers (even with the extended mics).

I've quoted a solution with Lifesize (yikes!!). Anyone else have similar problems and come up with a less expensive solution. At this point I'm considering buying everyone webcams so they can conference from their desks :-)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
About 6 months ago I setup our conference and large training room for audio/video/web conferencing.

There aren't any complaints about the conference room, however we keep experiencing issues with our training room. This is due to the large size of the room.

We are using a Logitech Orbital webcam and a Polycom Soundstation with extended mics. We are also using Adobe connect for our outside sales people to video and conference in. The webcam is not suited for large rooms with 15 or so meeting attendees. Also, It's hard for the remote conference attendees to hear the speakers (even with the extended mics).

I've quoted a solution with Lifesize (yikes!!). Anyone else have similar problems and come up with a less expensive solution. At this point I'm considering buying everyone webcams so they can conference from their desks :-)