AP Clearing account not tying to Received Not Invoiced...please help!

Hello,
We went live Feb 1 and I have not been able to tie out our AP Clearing account. The GL has a credit of ~$58K out there somewhere that is not on the Received Not Invoiced report. I have performed all of the below steps. Can someone point me to something I might be missing? Is there a transaction type I should look for on the Inventory/WIP Recon that is a red flag?

• Ran Inventory/WIP reconciliation report for unposted transactions for a wide date range– no results. All transactions are properly posted - not the issue.
• Verified all AP invoice transactions for the period are posted.
• Ran Received Not Invoiced Report for a wide date range (1/1/1900-12/31/2099) to make sure nothing was dated with a packing slip far in the future.
• Verified no manual journal entries were made to this account.
• Verified that all the cut-over transactions were properly accounted for.

• I believe that I verified there are no unreceived billing lines that are unmatched, but unsure exactly how to do this besides running a BAQ on Line Type = “U” and got no results.

Is there any other way that something can get “received” and hit the AP Clearing, but not hit the Received Not Invoiced Report? Does a misc. receipt transaction do this? I am at a loss of where to look next.

Thanks!
Lisa

Also, our Inventory is inflated by nearly the same amount as AP Clearing. I know the journal entry to fix this is likely a cr. to inventory and db. to AP Clearing, but I need to find the transaction.

They call this “forensic accounting,” right? Feels like it, anyway.

If I am trying to find EVERYTHING that hits an account, I made a dashboard that I can search:

AllTheGLCodes.dbd (204.9 KB)

Something you might try is to pick the clearing account and then use “Including Offsetting accounts.”

Keep going. We had one in 2107 a few years ago.

It was supposed to be 2017.

When you recieve a particular inventory item this will Dr Inventory and Cr AP Clearing , when you are doing the AP Reciept Invoice it should Dr AP Clearing,
Check AP Clearing Gl code in Supplier Gl control code or AP Gl control code in company. Apply PE log viewer on AP invoice to find from where Gl control codes are getting picked when you are doing AP Reciept Invoice.

Please check whether AP Invoice Misc line is directly coded to the AP clearing account by linking APInvExp to TranGLc table.

one thing to consider is that someone may have made an incorrect manual journal entry to the account. I had a customer who had someone doing this monthly because “that is what they did on their old system”… we had to trace things back looking at the Chart Tracker to see what transactions were going on. Look to see what types of transactions are made using the chart tracker and see if you can find transactions that are being manually done.