App Studio is a hot mess

Good enough to go into the official app studio docs.

You get an AfterAfterUpdate event that never fires!

sad baby GIF

Althouuuuuuuugh… “Never fires”. YOU’LL NEVER GET RID OF ME!

1 Like

Hannah over here basking in the job security.
Sunburn GIF

And we thank you for it!

1 Like

You’ve got to be on it to get anything to work.

Jason Sudeikis Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Thanks for this post -
I was trying to do an imbedded BAQ grid - it was easy a year ago.
I put in the same steps - and nothing worked…

Back to classic

That’s actually one of the easier things to do.
What were you struggling with?

Unless you follow that one lab from the Insights booklet :rofl: :sweat_smile:

dont care lol GIF

Who reads the manual?!

Waving hit to Bruce!
Other than that I have no idea what any of you are talking about but as always I enjoy the banter.

Anyone else feel that Landing Pages are particularly bad? Every time I touch one my whole layer breaks and I have to start over. I now Save As a new layer before even thinking about doing something on a Landing Page…

3 Likes

I can’t do much else besides hide a field. I’m holding on to classic as long as possible, but will most likely attend a training in a couple years.

I held off for a long time before even touching App Studio. I thought 2023.1 was finally going to be the version stable enough to start exploring. I think I’ll be shelving that again til 2024.1…

All right we get it a lot of who moved my cheese. We’ve been doing a lot in App Studio (the royal we… mostly @hmwillett ) and she’s demonstrated you can do almost anything in App Studio.

It isn’t the easiest thing to use, nor is it bug free, but overall it does work and it is improving. The change in 2023 was huge and hopefully they are paying attention (I know they are) and things will improve some more.

I know Epicor is focused in Improving the whole Kinetic UX experience and I’m sure it won’t stop any time soon. Hang in there!

And don’t forget to be super kind to @hmwillett and send some love her way she spends a LOT of time in that Playground so she can help everyone :clap:.

I’m sure SWAG and gift cards are accepted though she probably wouldn’t ask :rofl::rofl:

(Drowning the App Studio sorrows is expensive)
Drunk Happy Hour GIF

8 Likes

Fire Burning GIF by Show TV

You know… I think I might go pour me one of those glasses of wine.

Moving the cheese is fine by me, just don’t replace the cheese with rat poison…

I just can’t see us moving to Kinetic UI until we can create an app studio layer that doesn’t get corrupted if you look at it the wrong way…

1 Like

Rarely happens in 2023.

1 Like

I have despised classic customization for the 7 years I have been using Epicor. After year 2 or so, I just stopped customizing altogether. You want special fields? You get an updatable dashboard or the answer is just a straight-up “No.”

I’ll take buggy App Studio any day over moving those absurd boxes around.

What about classic was ever intuitive? Or bug-free? Soooooo many times I’d make a change just to have it disappear. To say I don’t miss classic is an understatement.

1 Like