Application Studio Deleting Components

Has anyone else run into a bug with app studio that causes your components that you place in an event to disappear after reopening?

I cant seem to find many sources on here or online regarding this topic. It seems that it only happens if upon loading an event the components would be off of the default screen position.
Has there been any current work arounds that anyone has come up with?
Our situation requires us to use events to fulfill our needs and this kind of puts everything to a halt.

Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks

Literally just spent all of Friday and today fighting with that.
The ONLY thing I’ve found is to completely delete your layer and start over and hope that it doesn’t happen again. I can’t find anything that actually mitigates it.

I’m about 2 mouse clicks away from doing this with my keyboard.

Also the reason behind this post I made this morning.
Creating Layers in App Studio - Off Topic - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I have not seen this behavior in 2022.2.

I feel your pain. I was messing around for hours the one day deleting and recreating my event to try to get it to save correctly. I had to take a break from that event for awhile. The worst part was, it wasn’t even my longest event that this issue was happening with, in fact it was one of the shorter ones!

I hope that 2022.2 doesn’t have the same problem, otherwise it will be my fourth time recreating this layer only for there to be no progress. Crossing my fingers!

I don’t know how much you want to get into the weeds or if you even can (SaaS is SOL :stuck_out_tongue: ), but it turns out if you edit the JSON directly and load it back into the DB, it works a treat.
XXXDef.SysCharacter03 is the “WIP” App Studio code.
XXXDef.Content is the App Studio code once it’s published.

Disclaimer - THIS INVOLVES EDITING THE SQL DB DIRECTLY. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. DON’T BE A MEATBALL AND DO THIS IN PRODUCTION (Use a solution for that).

I’m not responsible for the choices y’all make. :slight_smile:

Make sure to compress the JSON before loading into SQL. SQL doesn’t seem to like the spaces and new lines. Also, make sure to replace any single quotes with two single quotes to escape them.

Compressed JSON

SQL Statement

4 Likes

Holy moly a lot to unpack there !

My fears have come true, we are cloud-based so we are in fact SOL :face_with_thermometer:

I guess I will have to sit tight and hopefully an update solves all my problems in the near future.

Fingers crossed ! :crossed_fingers:

Well, no. You can use REST from PostMan or Swagger to update the database in the exact same way the UI does. It ain’t pretty, but it may be a path forward.

So, here’s the problem with that… It calls SaveApp just fine (no errors in the network call) it just doesn’t… save?

I was pushing it directly into the XXXDef.SysCharacter03 field in the DB.

I mean, it’s worth a shot. Get the JSON, alter it yourself, then try the REST call and see what happens.
I might play with that later, but on a different app. Finally got this stupid one working…

Oh Kinetic…

Has there been any update on this that you have heard? I am still running into this issue unfortunately. :smiling_face_with_tear:

None that I’ve heard or seen, but I have not noticed this issue in 2022.2.9 if that matters.

1 Like