Application Studio in Epicor 10

I am currently on Epicor 10.2.500.32 and I am trying to launch Application Studio. I have looked online on how to do this but, the only documentation I see indicates that it is in Epicor.10.2.7.

Can Application Studio be launched from Epicor 10.2.5 or it has to be 10.2.7 or later. I am needing all the help I can get to help me navigate my way in Epicor after a few years absence. Please anyone out there that can provide me with a solution to this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mariwana

Even if there was App Studio in that version there have been so many improvements I would not try to use it, but learn on something current.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Do you have any suggestions as to what to try to use instead of App Studio.

Are you simply trying to learn it or are you trying to do something specific?

I think what @gpayne was implying was that in 10.2.500 its best to let it be and only use it if you are on a newer version in Kinetic.

I just started this position after a few years absence form working with Epicor. I am just now getting reacquainted and working my way through Epicor. We had a visit from the Epicor Team and one of the items that came up was using Studio App to meet the needs of the users. I was trying to launch App Studio and run into some issues.

What I am trying to do is bring up App Studio to see some of the things we discussed. I want to know how to launch App Studio in my current version of Epicor.
We would be going to Kinetic soon, but in the meantime, I need to launch App Studio and just kind of kick the tires and see.

Thanks

Install a current version of Kinetic and play with that in a Testing environment.

1 Like

in the menu tree, search all menu items, try typing Application studio. This should bring it up.

Could you please send me a screenshot of the menu tree, if possible.

Thanks

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I don’t have kinetic. I am still on Epicor 10. So, my next question is this: Is it possible to bring up Application Studio in Epicor 10 / If so, how does one go about doing that.

Depends on the patch version and system flags but even if you did it is not at all representative of the product today.

Install a current version of Kinetic and play with that in a Testing environment.

2 Likes

Agreed, this is certainly the answer.

I, too, was eager to try it out back in 10.2.something, and it was simply not functional then. I don’t think you could even get a working app at that point.

We did our best to get dashboards working in 2021.2, and we did, but only as preparation for our impending move to 2022.2. Scrolling was nearly broken in 2021, so I can hardly recommend App Studio in 2021.

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate the responses I received and the eagerness of people on this forum to help.

Thanks Again

As others have said, you should not try to learn :Application Studio without upgrading to the latest version. learning Application studio on an older version would be like learning Microsoft Windows by looking at a copy of Windows 3.1. Some of the concepts might be the same, but we have made significant improvements and changes in the way that it rolled out due to findings from the early versions. Save yourself some energy and take an upgrade in a test environment, and start there instead.

6 Likes