Apply date for journal review wacky

My accounting manager has a problem where she is trying to post the bank statement and there are errors showing up in the review that prevent her from posting.

There are 2 errors it looks like. We’ll start with the one that seems to make sense, but I don’t know how to fix.

The error below says that the apply date is in 2021. Obviously an error, but I can’t figure out where that got messed up or how the fix it.

The other error is super helpful… :roll_eyes: Basically it says there is an error and review it in the review journal. (that’s what I am trying to do…) I don’t have any idea where to start looking for that problem. (a note, this is the first record in the set, does that error just show up there because of the first one that I listed? That one is later in the list)

Anyone with good accounting/financial experience willing to point us in the right direction? Accounting is not my area of expertise.

So we figured out what we had to do. Posting in case someone else has the same problem.

1. Cancel the journal entry (like the message says :man_facepalming:) using the actions menu in journal review
  2. Go back to the back statement and on the offending line, open up modify document under statement line
  3. Since it wouldn’t let us change the date, which was wrong, and the delete button wouldn’t work, we tried putting a 0 in the amount, and lo and behold, it asks us if we want to delete the document. :confused: Yes please.
  4. Once we did that we were able to re-add the document with the correct date and information and everything posted fine after that. :partying_face:

I don’t know if it’s because I’m not an accountant that made this did not not seem intuitive, (and the help files were simply restating the names of the controls, so not helpful) but I think this is one of those areas where some love in the help area could be very well applied.