Auto Sequence Customer ID

You’ll have to create an individual counter by Customer… (which is kind of gross) you can do this easily by just appending the CustID to the name of the counter… but again (tha’ts pretty gross)

You may be better served by getting the Max ShipToNum for a given customer and add one instead.

Hello,

I understand what you are saying but do not know how to do either of those things.

Can you help me out?

I appreciate it.

Shawn

@josecgomez

Could you give me a bit more guidance on this please?

Ok GetNewShipTo post processing

Use linq to get the Max() ShipToNum got the current customer then set the New ShipToNum to one more than the max you found

Shawn,
How did you get this to work for ShipToNum? We are running into the same issue Michael reported above where it is not inserting a number and just inserting “(nw)”.

Sorry, I looked into my system and it looks like I never got this working.

If you get it working, please post here what you did for future reference!

Jose,
Were you able to get this Post Process to work with GetNewShipTo?

Just figured it out
The Method Directive is the Customer.GetNewShipTo NOT the Shipto.GetNewShipto

Then I had to select the ttShipTo table in the Set Field item

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but there is a hand feature that has been around for years and still exists (although I don’t think it works in the Kinetic UI). In the customer id field, enter the first few letters of the customer name, then click CTRL+S. This will open the customer search, starting with the first letters you typed in. This works in quote entry, order entry, customer entry and more. It also works on the supplier side. This has been around since vantage 8x days. I have not found an equivalent feature in the Kinetic UI…

Yeah, I’ve tried it some. It’s very hit and miss for when it works and when it doesn’t. More miss than hit, so I pretty much just gave up on it. Much less try to train my users to use the feature.