Automatically set a Pack Slip on Receipt Entry

Continuing the discussion from Behavior differs between app studio preview and published version…Why?:

Ugh, my changes/“fix” actually isn’t working. I tried splitting up my event like @dcamlin suggested, but it doesn’t carry over my row-update value from first event to the next.

The event that I’m triggering off of sets the RcvHead fields to what I want them to be, but I put in a console-write widget as first step in my event to write that value and it doesn’t write what the previous system event writes, but the pre-existing value that it’s passing to my rest call.

Do you know what the event-column-disable/enable actually does? I’m only using it because that system event uses it and updating the pack slip on the screen with my desired value didn’t work without them, but I have no clue what the actual purpose of those is.