Behavior differs between app studio preview and published version...Why?

Are your LIVE and PILOT on different versions?

A while back, I was experiencing App Studio holding on to old values. I had a relatively long event chain where I would update a value (via row-update) and then perform some rest calls with that value. The problem was, it was performing the rest calls with the old value (prior to my row-update).

My buddy ChatGPT and I came up with the theory that: the row-update had completed from the action’s perspective, but the updated DataView value had not fully propagated to whatever expression/binding the next action was resolving.

We were able to get around this by splitting the event into multiple… and calling the rest actions with an event-next.

I know its a pain… but may be worth a test. I would take your event and split it.

Copy your original event… Give it a new name… then delete everything outside of the Green Square. Clear your trigger and just link up the no-trigger to the first rest-kinetic.

Copy your original event again… this time delete everything after the event-column-enable… and add an event-next to call the event you just previously created.

Disable your original event. (since we made copies, you still have your original in-tact, in case this doesn’t work).

Now test. See if breaking this up gets you around the “stale” value being passed to the rest call.