Autoprint of packing slip gives null parameter error

I’ve created a standard data directive to auto print the packing slip when the “Shipped” checkbox on the Summary tab is checked. The directive fires, but it always presents an error stating that the parameter “binding” is null.

I’ve set up the auto print as below:

and the parameters as:

I’ve tried numerous values for PackNum including putting the pack slip number in as a constant, but I always get the same error:
Failed to launch task to submit report. Error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.ArgumentNullException:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: binding
at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ChannelEntryCache.GetChannelEntryHashCode(Binding binding, EndpointAddress endpointAddress, ClientCredentials credentials) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.600.0\Source\Shared\Framework\Epicor.ServiceModel\Channels\ChannelEntryCache.cs:line 53

There’s actually more of the stack trace. I can post it if it would be helpful.

I suspect that the binding parameter in the GetChannelEntryHashCode call is the one that’s null, but I don’t know why.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
BTW, it’s a multi-tenant host environment.

Which table is your data directive on?

Shiphead.

Please try this:

In the Set up Auto Print screen for the PackNum parameter, click the drown down and select The specified table and field value.

Click on the word specified and check PackNum, then click OK.

It should look like this. Then click Apply.

Save your changes and try to trigger this autoprint again.

That’s actually the first thing I tried. I get the same error.

I would recommend opening a support case at this point and my team can help determine the issue.

Just to make sure of one thing. Are you triggering this from Customer Shipment Entry or Master Pack Shipment Entry?

Customer shipment entry.

Thought so. Your report selection is wrong as you have Master Pack. Search for Pack Slip this way and use it.

I thought it was a little strange, but the only choices I saw were MastPack and a BAQ report. There’s no PackSlip report listed. I then realized that in your example the table level is “used by” and I had been leaving it at the default “primary” setting.
When I changed that, I got the PackSlip report. I set the PackNum parameter to ttShipHead.PackNum. Still get the same error. Tried setting the PackNum parameter back to the default 0 constant and set the PackNumList parameter to ttShipHead.PackNum.ToString(). Still get the same error.

A little more information. Used the standard PackSlip report and it worked, at least to preview. Could be a problem with the customized report.

Ok, I swear that it worked once, although I’m beginning to doubt myself. It has repeatedly failed since with the same error no matter which report style I choose.

I have tried this on .500 and .600 just to rule out issues with auto print functionality. This seems to be task agent related on the submission of a task to the agent vs. the agent actually processing the task.Could you try making the schedule queued vs. immediate?

1 Like

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks for all the help.

Great. Can you mark this topic as solved when you have time?

1 Like