BAQ 100x slower in Production than Dev/test (Vote for this Idea for an easier fix in the future)

Ima moving my votes…

Awesome - of course, this is useful if you knew in the first place that such a thing exists.

Us mortals would not even think to use something called “OPTION” nor have any clue what to put in it.

Maybe add something to the ICE tools guide or I don’t know, some way to spread the word.

This is a game changer.

EDIT: I searched EpicCare for OPTION RECOMPILE and got a whopping 5 Knowledge Base results, and none were about this issue (just random hits). So not only is this obscure to me, even support seems to have never heard of it. Or not documented it, anyway.

Again, please make this known somehow to the commoners. @aidacra

3 Likes

@josecgomez - I’m curious, do you do like nightly or weekly Update Statistics on your databases with a maintenance plan / tool like Ola Hallengren? Reading through this excellent thread made me want to look into our own setup - I knew I setup Ola tools / sql server agent jobs for optimizing the indexes every Sunday morning in all our databases. I just assumed statistics were handled as part of that, but now this page has me wondering:

Looks like my SQL Server Agent job might not be updating statistics?

EXECUTE [dbo].[IndexOptimize]
@Databases = 'USER_DATABASES',
@LogToTable = 'Y'

Is there a best practice (or Epicor-specific best practice) for statistic updating frequency, indexes vs. columns, etc? Thanks much!

1 Like

I do use Ola’s script, I also do Nightly Statistics Update with that script.

1 Like

So like one of these you are running nightly?

Yes I don’t remember exactly which one but its a Statistics Rebuild one.

1 Like

Ola’s scripts are the best!

This is great! Thank you!