BAQ report designer

Epicor 9.05.701

Silly question coming up but its been a while since i’ve done this…

This is a standard report.

I want to add an option to a report parameter which i thought was easily done through “BAQ report designer”…however i can’t find the report in BAQ report designer which is where i thought it was done.

The option i want to add is for the user to choose a VendorID beginning with Q

This is the standard report where i want a “begins with” option adding

this screenshot is of menu tree maintenance.

I think this is the report style for it…
But where can i add the new OPTION if i can’t find this in BAQ report designer?

ok, i’ve jumped ahead a bit …

i couldn’t find the BAQ report designer so instead i’ve gone down this route.

1. create a new report style.
  2. edit the crystal report to only bring through items where the VendorID begins with Q.

Regarding point 2)…i’ve taken out of the crystal report the vendorID and added a formula:
{tRcvNoInv.VendorId} like ‘Q*’

But this isn’t enough to stop all records coming through, they just return FALSE if it doesn’t begin with Q.
So, is there a way to filter within crystal to prevent VendorID coming through that don’t start with Q?

Yes, I believe so. I think you want to use the Select Expert and create rule on the records that you only want to incude those records starting with “Q”.

1 Like

I do see that the RcptsNotInv within the BAQ Report Designer does not seem to be linked to the actual Received but not Invoiced report…

I would think that the best solution is to create a Customization on the Report Options form for the Received but not Invoiced report but I’m not exactly sure how to get that working:

You could, however, create a Crystal Report Parameter that would prompt the user to enter the letter that they want the VendorID to start with:

Insert your formula into the Report - Selection Formulas - Record… Editor:

It is an extra prompt that users will have to go through and you still pull all of the records through to Crystal behind the scenes, you are just choosing which records that Crystal displays…so definitely some downsides but I have had to use CR Parameters a few times.

Hope that helps! Until someone can suggest a better solution. :wink:

1 Like

I was under the impression that built-in reports use RDD’s as opposed to BAQ’s

So the full data set is going to come through to the CR engine.

To add to Heather’s Idea, Adding a parameter in the CR, and then just hide rows that don’t match the parameter. Basically filter the fully data set at rendering time.

2 Likes

We are 9.05.605 and in our version it is a progress report. It isn’t easy to read either. This report is really easy to replicate, I created a dashboard so AP can review it easily.

I created a BAQ where RcvDtl.Invoiced = False and then add whatever fields you need. If you create a BAQ Report you can add the options you need.

1 Like

Just be aware… BAQ Report Designer with Crystal reports is totally different in E10… so if you are doing development work in E9 still, some of those efforts will need to be redone when you upgrade. That said, once you do upgrade, the capabilities in BAQs and reports is much upgraded.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this info.
Much appreciated

1 Like

Just for a little more search capability in the E9 BAQ Report Designer. To search, click binoculars. Options, return all rows, OK. Click Search button, right-click in grid below, Copy to Excel, then search the resulting spreadsheet for the report name. Even if a BAQ report is not in any menu, you should see it here.

HTH