Barcodes for part bin locations

Unsure off the top of my head on how to pursue this, so I thought I’d post here.

Really simple, we want to print barcode labels, for every part bin location.

How would I go about doing this? Is there something already in Epicor? I’m assuming I would need to make a custom dashboard?

Would like to try and get this done today. I imagine it cannot be too hard.

I am not aware of anything out of the box.

It would either be a custom report or a 3rd party solution.

Agreed with @hackaphreaka nothing out of the box.

However, it is a pretty simple BAQ - Export to Excel. Then use the excel file as a datasource for the Bartender labels.

If you are looking for quick and dirty - this would be my path.
DaveO

4 Likes

And if you don’t have bartender, you could print the barcodes directly from Excel.

1. Add the Dataworks39 font (or any other 3 of 9 compatible font) to the computer
  2. Make a formula in excel that adds an asterisk to the beginning and end of the part number
  3. Make that cell font be the barcode font

Like:

One thing to take into account is if your input form is looking for the Bin ID or Bin Desc.

edit

I don’t know if printing barcodes onto labels is easy to do in excel. Might need to just create the formula with the font formatting, then copy that row and paste into a word doc or any other format that lets you do the page setup for labels.

1 Like

What I ended up doing was taking a spreadsheet of all the bins. I duplicated the bins so it had the bin number twice. Like this:
BIN.1000
BIN.1000

Then I pasted those into a word doc.

I went through and changed all the asterisked ones to barcode font. and set my page to 4x6 as they wanted to use shipping labels so bins could be easily found.

Worked well. Granted I had to go through and change the font for 200 ish labels but an hour or so later and done.

Thank you all for the advice. This was the easy way.

1 Like