Better Design for business objects

Get rid of BO MasterUpdate methods, or make Update call MasterUpdate or vice versa. Currently, the UI typically calls Update while DMT typically calls MasterUpdate. Therefore, method directives have to be duplicated to apply the same business rules in the UI and DMT. You can sometimes replace two method directives with one data directive, but method directives often have access to more fields and provide better UX. (Or maybe this should be a DMT suggestion… don’t use MasterUpdate!)

I’d love to see better documentation for what temp tables and other objects like Db exist in various BPMs. For example, I had to learn by experimenting (and it’s been a while, so I may be misremembering!) that the temp tables in a “pre” directive on an Update method contain the old and new versions of a row, distinguished by their RowMod, while the same table in “post” only contains the current version of the row.

1 Like

I would suggest that you submit this idea to the Epicor Ideas Site so that people can vote for it. This is our primary way to get new features added and has already resulted in several ideas being put into the product.

1 Like