BO.PartRevSearchSvc.GetByID error

This post helped me get a clue on the error:

I had converted our customized Epicor classic order entry form to Kinetic.
On startup of the Kinetic version now, once I enter the order number I am getting 2 errors:

Description: Record not found.
Program: Epicor.Ice.dll
Method: InnerGetByID
Table: PartPlant
Field: undefined

and then

Business Layer Exception
Parameter processMfgID is not found in the input object

I believe they are both cause by the same issue, but can’t seem to find the direct cause
I looked at our BPMs and BAQs on order entry and don’t see any that call the PartRevSearchSvc.GetById service (has required parameter processMfgID)

I also traced it but don’t see anything related logged nor did I find the provided correlation GUID’s for the errors in the trace

Any Ideas ?

What exactly did you do?

We probably need more information.

In my Pilot environment I used Conversion Workbench and ran conversion 180 (“CreateKineticCustomizations”). Then went to Order Entry and entered an order number, this resulted in the errors when the order was being loaded.

Loading the same order in order entry Epicor Classic version does not cause errors

Ouch.

Yes, unfortunately, that doesn’t work well, if at all.

You’re gonna want to start from scratch.

Yikes, why is it there then ?

You opened up the customization and checked that that compiled correctly?

If you open up the form in base, that doesn’t give you the issue, correct?

Wishful thinking.

Yes, compiled fine and Configuration Upgrade Dashboard shows a successful conversion

Correct, the base layer does not give an issue

ok, so it must be something that’s happening in your customization.

When you compile (F5) does it give you any errors?

How much code is in there? If it’s not a lot, you could post it here and we could take a look.

Also, I’m assuming that this is the classic, and not web-UI customization right? (if it’s the web-UI I’m out…lol)

bye… :rofl:

It’s not classic forms, it’s Kinetic (conversion workbench is used to convert from classic to kinetic)

I’m not running it in the browser but it’s still the web-based version under the covers

oh, shoot (have I mentioned that Epicor’s marketing team has REALLY screwed up how people can communicate about their software…)

Yeah, I’m with @klincecum on this one. You’re better off creating it from scratch.

1 Like

I here @hmwillett likes gift cards to Hell’s Kitchen.

Almost as much as she like’s getting randomly tagged on every Kinetic UI thread on this forum.

I can’t imagine what her notifications area looks like.

Just go ahead and put your drink orders in now @hmwillett , we’ll have 'em ready.

male GIF

You should really give it a go in the browser. Then you can open Dev Tools (F12) to see what’s actually happening.

Does the base layer work properly? If not, then I would look deeper into BPMs. If it works fine, see my previous point about the browser. Short of the clues from Dev Tools, recreating from scratch is typically the way. I’ve found the conversion tool to be proper garbage, but to be fair–the poor thing tries, but trying to convert from a win form to a browser with a tool must be hell to try and write, so I guess I can’t fault it too much. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I’ll take a seltzer water with lime. :stuck_out_tongue: