BPM Automation - Help Needed

@Rick_Bird ,

I like the idea of doing that. Before our company decided to implement with the integrator, at one of our customers’ request, I had an excel sheet with a couple of rest calls and a lot of macros that did almost exactly what you call for in step 2. Unfortunately, my hands are tied for the most part on this integration. Their system blows up our sales order releases then calculates new sales orders by looking at what is in the customers portal and then forces over new releases based on the sales order and line number. From what I’ve seen they have to have their system to work this way as they also handle asn’s and a plethora of other things that I’m not well versed in. and with go live first thing next week I have little time to come up with an automated process. I do agree with you though. I wish I had more of a say in how this thing was put together and how it handles my system.

Does anyone have experience with Functions and would be willing to give me a quick rundown on how they work?

There’s a whole post about. Did you read that?

Not yet but I am now! Thanks Brandon!

Back to the bpm, I have an issue with how I’m detecting a change. I need to be able to grab the data before it is deleted hence why I chose a preprocess. However, I have not come to the realization that I cannot use the ChangedBy field as it won’t grab the user of the person initiating the change, but the user of whoever worked on it last. I need a way of saying if user x is deleting a row then grab everything before it is deleted. Does anyone have a quick trick to accomplish this?

Found an old post by @ckrusen that answered my question. Turns out there is a "Method Called By ______ option in the condition statement selection. Credit do here:

Next problem. I have noticed that the dates being captured in UD01 are not the dates that should be going in. In my manual tests the table populated the OrderRel.ReqDates into UD01.Date01. When we let the program run it seems to be catching dates after they have been deleted and new ones are uploaded by the integrator.

According to their process they are supposed to close all shipped/partially shipped order releases, then delete all other releases with no shipping data. Once that is done they do their calculations based on our customers portal and place those results back in as new releases.

My program runs off of a trigger with two trips. The first trip happens on their first deletion call, and simply writes all open sales orders,open lines, open releases, and OrderRel.ReqDate to UD01. The second trigger trips on their first upload resetting the trigger for next deletion from that user and allows for my other program to begin shuffling in dates from UD01 to OrderRel if they existed.

My best guess is that there is some cross talk somewhere on the first trip. I can confirm that while the integrators process is running that the first and second trip happen at least once as the dates in UD01 do not match the ones that I force in on my manual process. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this to trigger more than once and how it would choose to overwrite with dates that werent capable of being in OrderRel until after the last deletion call was made?

Found the issue I was accidentally creating an infinite loop with my toggle. Does anyone know how Epicor determines when a user is to be timed out? Or what specifically triggers the time out event?