We are getting ready to integrate a program that is going to bring in our customers’ PO, our sales demand, from our customers portal and upload it into our system. The problem with the program is that it will overwrite the promise dates on our sales orders. I have been tasked to come up with a solution to the problem.
My thoughts so far:
- Require the program to run at a certain part of the day thus limiting chances or error.
- Before the scheduled time for the program, have a scheduled BPM pick up on all promise dates in the system and copy them to a UD field in the OrderRel table.
- After the program runs, have a second scheduled bpm fill the promise dates back in.
- Timing for the program is going to be finicky because releases can vary from 2k lines to nearly 30k lines depending on which site is performing the update.
- Knowing when the upload is going to be done.
What I need:
- To know how to schedule a BPM to run.
- To know when the upload program is done.
Has anyone done something like this before or know bits and pieces to the puzzle?
Thanks a ton for any insight on this one!