BPM Data Form not showing

Has anyone had a BPM data form not display?

I have a simple post process BPM that should be displaying a BPM data form but it is not. I know it is firing because I added a info message before and after the BPM data form and both messages are showing but the data form is not…

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
Brett

1 Like

What does your BPM look like?

The BPM is as simple as it gets…display BPM DataForm then show a message to confirm the BPM actually fired.

The BPM data Form tests ok in the dataform designer…

Brett

1 Like

I am also having this issue. My BPM looks identical to Brett’s.
It is not showing for a pre or post processing directive. The BPM data form also works just fine from the designer.
My method is ShipVia.GetList.

To show the message, I can right click in the Ship Via field of a form and click Refresh List to trigger the method, but only the message shows, not the BPM data form. I am on 10.1.500.11.

If I had to guess I’d say that is because they are using the BOReader to invoke the GetList method and it can’t handle it…? But that’s just a wild guess

Mine is definitely using a BO reader to invoke. What are the implications of that?

Well normally not much BOReader is a library which allows you to invoke the standard GetList and GetRows method from most (any) Business Object. But my guess is that it doesn’t have the hooks defined to Handle the Invocation of the BPMData form.
This is the standard BO used by most dropdowns in the system rather than writing custom code for each drop down.

1 Like

Interesting. Do you know if I can add a right click menu option to manually invoke the method?

I am sure you could but it would require you to customize the form… At which point it might be easier to use the standard method

To customize the calling form? I’d really like to be able to use the standard BPM and BPM data form but to invoke it manually as an option.
Is the right click menu defined by the control it’s clicked from or is it specific to an actual epicor form?

The right click menu is defined by the Context of the DropDown and can be added to via ContextCallingMaintenance but only for Menu Items… but if you want to add a custom function you’ll have to do a customization to the form. I am assuming this is still your ShipVia issue you were having before?
What about making your dashboard an “Advanced Search” then using the Right Click Search with and using that to figure out the right ShipVia code?

Yes, unfortunately. I customized a BPM data form to follow the same logic and store the final value in a call context variable. This would have been nice since it’s centralized and could have been called from anywhere. But, this obviously won’t work.
The dashboard where I built the original version is just an empty BAQ and empty dashboard built upon that empty BAQ, with the entirety of the logic and data being called, so I’m not sure how I would make this available as a dashboard under “advanced search”. If there is a way to do that, I’d love to hear it!

No there is no way to do that… can your logic be built in the dashboard itself?

Perhaps. I wonder if I simply had ShipVia (rather than an empty BAQ) as an underlying table on the BAQ, then the dashboard code would basically run though it’s logic to place filter to a ship via code on the table. That way, we could make it available when searching for ShipViaCode…

As long as you can do all that in the dashboard (not published) then it should work

It’s worth a shot, thanks for your help with this.