I’m tasked with created a way to prevent shipment of a part that an engineer/QC has placed on hold. I added a checkbox to the part master and if checked, I want a warning to alert the shipping dept so that they first check with quality prior to shipping the order.
I ran a trace and it looks like GetOrderRelInfo on the CustShip BO is the first place the partnum shows up. My idea was to create a pre-processing directive with the condition being this query:
As you guessed, it’s not working…I’ve tried a few different methods (update, update master) but no deal. I’m assuming it’s the query and that it’s not as simple as just joining part with ttShipDtl to check for the custom flag…but at this point I’m guessing.
If I’m close and it’s a simple fix, I’m all ears, if it’s much more involved than that and requires coding then I’ll have to find a different solution.
Thanks for reading.