Bypass BPM for toubleshooting?

I know there is a way to do this but I forget how. I’m troubleshooting a problem with Quote module and I’d like to open the BASE form plus disable any BPMs that may trigger on Quote, Customer, Part, etc.

I think it’s a slash switch on launching the Epicor client but I can’t remember.

I have always done this by launching the form in developer mode, using base, after disabling all related BPMs. This can sometimes be a headache. Hopefully, someone does reply and there is a nice and handy command-line switch for this.

In your appserver’s web.config, search for
customizationSettings disabled="false"

change it to
customizationSettings disabled="true"

That will prevent any BPMs from triggering, along with other Epicor Customization Framework (ECF) items like posting rules I believe. After your testing remember to change it back.

Does that work in 9?

Web.config I guess not. Stoopid question.

It is a different process. To eliminate BPMs in E905 you’d have to rename the \epicor905\bpmexec\ [slot]BPM where slot is the name of the appserver in question. eg. \epicor905\bpmexec\TestBPM

Thanks makes sense.

Thanks

Nathan,

Awesome, thanks for the reminder. I’ll have to try this after hours then as the issue can’t be replicated on our Test environment.