Calling up one configurator from another

Hi,

I’d like to know the method for calling up a sub-configurator from a top level one.

The aim is to create an on-the-fly top level part which also creates new part records for some of it’s materials (which are to be purchased).

Does anyone know of any method to do this?

One way I’ve accomplished this is to have “placeholder” parts in part master and the method. Call the Part.DuplicatePart to duplicate that placeholder part into a new part in part master, and then swap it with the method rules.

1 Like

Hi Jeff, thanks for your response. So do I need to add a rule in method rules to the material to duplicate the part then a second one to replace it? Or is it a BPM that should be called to duplicate the part separately?

When I’ve done this I did it on the Input side, calling the Part.Duplicate method. Then the new part already exists, and the method rule can simply swap the placeholder for the newly generated part.

2 Likes

Brill, thanks!

Jeff,

This looks like a method I could use in our configurator. Can you paste the correct syntax for calling the Part.Duplicate method? Or direct me to the resource? Thanks very much.

(or @RichK? Thanks.)

1 Like

Hi Jeff, do you have the syntax for calling this Part.DuplicatePart method?

When you say you did it on the input side, do you mean you called the Part.Duplicate with c# code somewhere on a page load / on a button etc.?

1 Like