Can Report BAQs have a relationship in RDDs?

I need to get Customer Contact (CustCnt) information for Sold To, Bill To and Ship Tos in the Sales Order Acknowledgement. I know I can’t add the table more than once, or have different joins. (Search did turn that much up). Could I work around it by using Report BAQs? I haven’t found anything that said for sure that you can specify a relationship for differently named BAQs getting data from the same table. ie, can I have CustCnt in the RDD for the BillTo, then have a BAQ for the Sold To (linked from OrderHed) and the ShipTos for OrderDtl/OrderRel in another BAQ. Just want to know if it can be done before I spend a lot of time working on it :slight_smile:

It would appear the answer is no, since the option to even add a Report BAQ is greyed out. I’ll leave this for now, just in case someone else runs into it. I think I can work around it by sucking in all the contacts for a customer, then modifying the RDL query to split things out.

I read on a topic here that Making a BAQ Report should be done via an RDD, and to migrate away from BAQ Report designer. When it was said that you can add BAQ’s as datasources, I got very excited. Only to be disappointed when I realized you can only add them to a new RDD, not an exiting one. :frowning:

Yeah, I’m very frustrated with RDD. There are MANY cases where you would want to link to the same table more than once with aliases. RDD not having a mechanism for this seems very short sighted.