Can't make a report style not valid

I’m trying to clear a report style’s “Valid” checkbox, but it wont save. I uncheck it, click save, and it just re-checks itself. I’ve even tried unchecking it, and then just moving to another record (another report style). But the same thing happens. And this is not the default style.

I could just delete it. But when I update a report, I typically create a new report file (.rpt in CR, or .rdl in SSRS), and add it as a new style. This gives the users to option to use the old report, should they find something wrong with the old one. After a month or so, I remove the old report style by unchecking the style’s “Valid” checkbox.

I don’t delete the old report styles, so I have a history of what was used in the past.

Any ideas?

What report is this? I have not seen this issue myself, but I could try to
recreate.

Its the ARForm report. And it’s not the built-in style I’m trying to remove.

I always leave that one enabled, and in its virgin state. That way if there ends up being printing problems, I can see if that one one works. If it does, then the issue is with my rdl or RDD.

Could it be if a user has that one as their “saved defaults”?

I agree, I always leave the standard forms available as an option to our
users too. I tested our system and I can’t un-check the valid box on
reports either.

Like you do, I keep the last revision around but I leave it valid, then
removed it when we do another revision. I’ve never tried to remove the
valid check. I keep the records of the RDDs and report files (SSRS or
Crystal) in our change log notes but not in system.

In V8 we had multiple companies, and a “Valid” checkbox would show up for each company. In V8 I could have any combo of Valid checked (all companoesn, some companies, or non).

Maybe it’s hung up on the fact that there are no other companies it could be valid for. who knows,…

Yes, back in V8 days I was working for where we had multiple companies and
used the Valid checkbox for reports. I may be again here at my current
employer later this year as we may bring on a acquisition into our Epicor.
o.0 So I hope it works!

Just some follow-up. Got the following from EpicCare

Calvin,
Your problem with the Valid checkbox in Report Style Maintenance is a known bug. SCR 145941 has been issued for it, but I do not currently have an ETA on it.

It is targeted as an enhancement to sometime during the 10.x product lifespan. Support will try to get it targeted to a specific release but 10.1.600 is fast approaching so I would expect it would be 10.2 at the earliest. One posible work around would be to create a new company that no one has access to and only have that one company be valid for the style(which may not be practical for all). That is the only workaround that support can offically provide until this is addressed in a future release.

EDIT: how did that image below get there? :confused:

1 Like

A non-backdoor solution can be found at

2 Likes

Does this work for the ‘Standard - SSRS’ report style?

It should