Unable to make Report Style invalid

I am trying to make the Standard-SSRS report style on my AR Invoice Form invalid, since I want everyone to use the custom form. I am able to unclick it in the UI and save

After the save:

Clicking refresh, the report style is valid again.

I’ve had to set the default report style via direct SQL since there is an bug in the system for that, but is this also a bug where I cannot disable a report style?

1 Like

Thanks, I did see that. Unfortunately, I’m on 10.2.200.3 with no fix haha. I won’t be creating a new company just to solve it either

In Nathan’s post, he shows some SQL to update the ICE DB so that the particular report style is only for a non-existent company.

Funny that when someone else talks about accessing the DB directly, it is met with :exploding_head: or :scream:

Maybe this slides by becuase it’s the ICE DB and not the ERP DB.

Yeah I had to do that with the SQL to make set the default style. It doesn’t work quite as nicely with setting valid/invalid since it uses a delimited list of companies. We aren’t a multi-company setup, which he was saying to create a dummy company and then set it that way.

Oh, I always will let Epicor update the database however they want and all-day-long. They’re taking the responsibility for the results and know better than I do about the effects for these kinds of maneuvers. :wink:

But for me? Thanks, I’ll use the framework…

1 Like

It turns out that a uBAQ can update the ReportStyle.CompanyList.

And as long as that doesn’t contain the Company code (the field is a tilde separated list), it won’t show in the Style list on print windows,

Here is the list of styles for POForm, prior to the update. With all CompanyList fields blank, all are available for selection when printing a PO.

After changing style 1004’s CompanyList in the uBAQ

It shows as not Valid in Report Style Maint.

And doesn’t show in the actual dialog

6 Likes

Nice work! I’ll implement this when I get in and mark this as solved, thank you

Here’s the uBAQ

CK-ReportValid.baq (18.9 KB)

I’d appreciate any feedback, as I’m always nervous with uBAQs

5 Likes

One more thing.

The “Hidden” style still shows in Report Style Maint, and can make other changes to it. Including re-enabling it by simply marking the Valid field and saving.

Edit:
Not sure if it is related, but after using the uBAQ, the Default flag was clear on all styles for the ReportID that was updated.

1 Like

The Valid and Default flags work in 10.2.400.8! Woohoo! No UBAQ. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice!!! I was just trying to do what @Aaron_Moreng is trying to do and was happy to see this post.

We only have one company, so I was trying to make it invalid for “all” my companies. Can yo make that report not valid for both companies - at the same time?

Calvin - It let me do it.

1 Like

Appears fixed in 10.2.300, as well.

I thought it might have been a bug that happened when you had only a single company. But in 10.2.300, I can save styles with the valid box unchecked while having just one company setup.

Does this work with the default ‘Standard - SSRS’ report style also?