Can't save after BPM worked

Hi all!

I just made a BPM (JobEntry.GetDatasetForTree) in which with the OrderNumber from the Job it gets the comment on the kit-line and
it pastes it in the ‘CommentText’ section (of JobHed).

There is a problem tho:
The BPM manages to set the right comment in the right section, but then I can’t save the Job (the click on the save icon does nothing) and if I press the refresh button the comment section returns white (or the BPM works again in the same way).
Can someone help me undestand why it goes like this?
Thanks!

I used the method “GetDatasetForTree” because the other ones (GetByID, GetList, GetRows,…) do not work and the only one that seems starting when I try to recover a job is that.

I would do it on post processing on GetByID
GetDataSetForFree (as the name states) is specifically used to populate the Tree on the screen and likely the reason why things aren’t behaving the way you expect.

I would even do it on one of the GetNew Methods, you want it to bring in the comment once! and if the user overwrites it or adds more info to the comment, you don’t want it overwriting the comments always, unless you actually have a specific UD Column reserved for Kit Information only.

1 Like

I have already a case for which if a comment is already in it will concatenate the two together.

I tried already to do some BPMs on GetByID and every Get.
No one of those will be triggered.
The only method that is triggered is the ‘GetDatasetForTree’.

This is the stacktrace for the JobEntry when i load directly a Job with the JobNum:

Ice.Proxy.BO.ReportMonitorImpl GetRowsKeepIdleTimeWithBallonInfo net.tcp://app01/E10Training/ Ice.Tablesets.ReportMonitorTableset 27/01/2020 15:35:57:7908370 14 0 '') OR (PrintDriver='SSRS' AND (AutoAction='PREVIEW' OR AutoAction='PRINT') AND LastAction='SSRSREADY')) AND WorkStationID='SSTWS01039 7']]> 01/26/2020 and SubmitUser = 'pmandelli']]>
Erp.Proxy.BO.JobEntryImpl ValidateJobNum net.tcp://app01/E10Training/ System.Void 27/01/2020 15:35:58:3256455 1 0
Erp.Proxy.BO.JobEntryImpl GetDatasetForTree net.tcp://app01/E10Training/ Erp.Tablesets.JobEntryTableset 27/01/2020 15:35:58:3510501 1 0

I don’t know how to proceed…

Just curious … Is the “Kit-line” not the Order line for this job?

Don’t the Pick List/Job Comments from the order line already auto-populate the Job comments?

We use a different method for certain jobs that requires special parts.
In that case we don’t use the MRP to get the job from the order.

We have another BPM that will create the jobs for the special parts.
In this case I know for sure that the comment from the order won’t go on the job.
So I need to create a BPM that retreives them.

I can’t understand why no one of the classic methods (GetByID, GetRows, …) work here

I tried again with some BPMs but the only that work (kinda) is the GetDatasetForTree.

I don’t understand why the GetByID does not work.