Change content of password reset email

lmao, always watching, this guy

“No disassemble Johnny Five”

1 Like

Bahaha PERFECT reference. The other accepted answer would have been “Your mother was a snowblower”

Who I am kidding, I cant stay away from a good decomp. I see some relevant stuff… looking to see what BPMs are available

I got nothing.

Thanks, I am not into changing code. I have located the text in ice.services.bo.userfile.xml but modifying the text in the xml file does not change the message in the email.

<member name="M:Ice.BO.UserFile.Resources.Strings.ResetPWBody(System.Object)">
         <summary>
         String: 'String: 'Epicor UFP Production Temporary password has been set for you,  please use to login to Epicor UFP Production.
        {0}

If you are still experiencing problems logging into the Epicor application, please contact your System Administrator.'.
         </summary>
    </member>

Did you recycle the app server after changing this file?

If you mean the text “The temporary password below can be used to login to Epicor.”, that is defined in a string resource file, which is baked into the Erp.BO.UserFile DLL. I’m wondering if there’s some clever way to make a localization or something that would let you modify it. But I suspect it would require creating a satellite assembly which would have to be signed. I’m asking around.

FWIW, we are building a new identity management system for ERP that lets you define much richer templates for sending users password management emails. But I know that’s not helpful today.

5 Likes

That’s because the XML gets spun into C# and compiled into the assembly.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, i appreciate the input.

Ok, we are testing this password reset process (10.2.300.11). And it is anoying to see this automated text (format, font etc… ) . And worst of all, it is only in english. We are using Epicor in french language. And even if we are in french it sends the email in english.

I wonder if doing a BPM to be activated via the change in the password (sorry did not look yet just thinking about it as I write this… :wink: ) and so we can launch the email the way we want via an email widget using HTML… ?

But it would be much appreciated, moreover expected, if Epicor correct this in a future release…or a fix…

Pierre

Oui.

I wonder it Rich’s fix for changing a default message would work?

1 Like

Tried that, change the 218336 text that corresponded to the email message, but it did not change in the email. as it looks like it is hard coded into the DLL…

I also tried to detect in the UserFile a change in a field indicating a password reset bit… but no success there…(using Method directive Update, ttUserFile.ClearPassword changed from anything to TRUE)
Added two messages on both sides and none were fired during password reset.

I am trying to offer an alternative here…as we intend to go live at the end of March…

Anyone would know how to detect a password reset demand?

Pierre

Another option would be to go SSO or Azure AD. Now the users are using their network credentials and the reset process is controlled there. Just a thought.

Mark W.

As far as the format/font/layout part … Try the following

(no guarantees, your mileage may vary, etc…)

well that is not the issue for now…I am already using HTML in my users email from BPM’s… The issue is for now is how do I detect the password change request in a BPM ?

I am currently trying different ways right now with no success…

Pierre

Is there an option to opt out, for the mean time until this is all corrected, the sending of the email?

As before, we would just use blank as a new password and tell the user to try it while talking over the phone…

When the issue of the email will be resolved we put it back in…

Pierre

Yes, clear the email address then check the set password as blank checkbox

yes I did that and found it does the job… But I have expected, if exists, a checkbox somewhere that would do just that. I need to keep the email in, so remove the email reset password and put back the email will work, but a bit clumsy…

But it does not happen that often anyways… I guess will do just that… until I get news back from support.
(I did openned a ticket about the french not available…)

Pierre